To apply for a key worker apartment at Clayworks Apartments, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria, which have been set by Ealing Council as part of the section 106 Agreement and approved by the Provost Board in June 2020
All Imperial College London, Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust staff and other key workers can apply for key worker accommodation at Clayworks Apartments, provided they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Gross annual salary: The total gross annual salary of the applicant must not exceed £67,042
- Contract or offer of employment: Applicants must have a current contract of employment, or have accepted an offer of employment at an applicable organisation with at least 12 months remaining from the tenancy agreement start date
For Clayworks Apartments, key workers are defined as members of staff of Imperial College or Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Members of staff of other institutions listed below:
- The University of London
- University of the Arts
- The British Ballet Organization
- Westminster College
- UCLA London
- The London Business School
- The University of West London
- Brunel University
- University of Westminster
- London South Bank University
- Royal College of Arts
Any other person living or working in the Borough of Ealing who works in the education, health or police sectors
How apartments are allocated
Key worker apartments are allocated to eligible applicants in the following cascade of priority:
- Imperial Academic & Research staff (Lecturer/Research Fellow/Assistant Professor at Job Level C and above) and Learning & Teaching staff who currently live in the borough.
- Imperial Academic & Research staff (Lecturer/Research Fellow/Assistant Professor at Job Level C and above) and Learning & Teaching staff not currently living in the borough
- Imperial Research Assistants and Research Associates (Job Level A and B)
- Imperial Professional, Technical and Support Staff
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust staff
- Other key workers who live or work in the borough.
Applicants within the highest priority group would be selected by a lottery and allocated an apartment. If there are apartments remaining, the lottery would be run for the next priority group in the cascade. This process would be repeated through the cascades until all apartments are allocated.
Unsuccessful and new applicants will be added to a list of eligible applicants. When an apartment becomes available, the lottery process will be run as outlined above for applicants on that list.
*Allocation is subject to reference and credit checks.
All apartments available in Clayworks are studio apartments with open plan kitchen and living area and a separate bedroom.