Links to activities and projects in College
Imperial marks and celebrates a range of EDI events through the year. Explore our EDI calendar for a general overview.
You can find out further details on how we celebrate:
- Black History Month in October
- Disability History Month in November-December
- LGBT+ History Month in February
- Women@Imperial Week, based around International Women's Day in March
The College often has several specific work groups or projects related to EDI. At the moment, Imperial has:
- The Disability accessibility project working to ensure the College meets new regulations for websites
- The Imperial History Dialogue examining the history of the College through its links to the British Empire
- The Imperial Artworks Group reviewing how we portray and represent our diverse community in public spaces on campus
These are in addition to the College's permanent EDI goverance committees.
EDI Seed Fund
Imperial established an EDI Seed Fund in 2019 to support the College community with ideas for setting up new activities and initiatives.
The aim is to use the creativity of staff and students to help contribute to a fully inclusive institutional culture .
Read about previous projects and how to apply for funding