Introduction to race equity
This course aims to give a foundation of understanding of race equity. It particularly focuses on the higher education (HE) sector and aims to develop your knowledge as well as outlining potential next steps for you to take.
What is covered in this course?
This course has two units - you will need to complete both.
Unit 1 (25-45 minutes)
- Race, Racism and Inequality in HE
- Overt and Covert Racism
- Whiteness, Privilege and Belonging
Unit 2 (25-45 minutes)
- Inclusion and Belonging
- Building Belonging
- Next Steps
Who is this course for?
This course is open to all staff. No previous knowledge of race equality is required.
- We would suggest allowing for up to two hours to complete this course (including both units)
- This course has been developed by Advance HE
- No charge for Imperial staff
How to access the course
No booking is required. You can complete this online course at a time best for you.
- Go to Blackboard Learn, enter your College username and password and click Login.
- Select the Courses tab in the top right corner of your screen, next to My Blackboard.
- Search for ‘Introduction to race’ in the Course Search field to find the course information in the Course Catalogue.
- Click on the Introduction to race - Course Name, select Enrol and then Submit to self-enrol on the course.
- Click OK to confirm enrolment.