Being responsible for the effect of the College supply chain
To do this the College will:
- Study its procurement processes.
- Identify the various supply chains.
- Adopt measurement tools with which to set targets for members of the supply chain.
- Provide routes for communication with other members of the supply chain.
Imperial College Supply Chain Policy
Applying Environmental issues:
The College will require its suppliers and contractors to identify and monitor the environmental impacts of their companies’ activities.
College suppliers will be required to have in place active management of their environmental effect ensuring compliance with local environmental legislation and having an environmental policy or statement.
The College will expect all its suppliers and contractors to take action to improve their environmental performance.
Applying Social issues:
The College shall take steps to ensure suppliers’ workers are not required to work unreasonable hours and have adequate holidays and that policy is in place to prevent accidents and injuries arising from work, minimizing the causes of hazards in the working environment and providing regular health and safety training.
The College will only work with suppliers where the minimum age of an employee is appropriate, there is no forced or bonded labour, there is no discrimination in hiring, training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
College Supply Chain Targets
The College will seek to understand the Supply Chain of its direct staff and partners and prepare targets to improve its environmental and social influence in activities related to the College. The process will include:
- Understanding the Supply Chain of the College, its users and related partners.
- Recognising the level of growth in College activity and reviewing the Policy regularly to ensure its continued relevance.
- Understanding the effect this has on various aspects of the environment.
- Providing a database of the effects of the College Supply Chain locally and national/internationally.
- Providing an implementation plan to ensure compliance with the resulting Policy.