UKVI visa, ATAS processing and RTW Check updates
The Staff Compliance Team processes requests and respond to emails based on the request/case urgency level, as well as the date of receipt.
Urgency level will be based upon factors such as:
- Employee’s / candidates current UK visa expiry date,
- Proposed employment start date or date of contract change request.
- Eligibility for preferred visa routes, where there is a time factor
- Individuals circumstances
For approximate timescales for new hires requiring new visa status please see the information here:
For UKVI visa, ATAS processing and RTW Check updates, including updates on current ATAS and UKVI processing times
- RTW Reviews (advice to Recruitment teams and hiring departments): General service level of 5 working days for initial response and advice, or up to 10 working days for complex cases or during peak workload periods
- Undertaking new employee right to work checks: A standard right to work check (online or manual in person) for time limited visa holder will usually be undertaken within 5 working days of the date the contract is issued, and before the work start.
- Contract Change requests - Staff Compliance approval: Within 5 working days
- Visa costs salary advance loan requests - Staff Compliance approval: Within 5 working days