The law on workplace pensions requires that, if you are an eligible member of staff or casual worker, the College must enrol you into a pension scheme supported by the College – this is called automatic enrolment because it is automatic for staff – you do not have to take any action to be enrolled into a pension scheme. Auto-enrolment is intended to encourage you to save into a pension scheme to provide for your retirement.
- If you are already in one of the College's pensions schemes (USS, SAUL or NHSPS) your pension scheme membership will not be affected by these changes.
- If you have opted out of the pension scheme already, you may be auto-enrolled at the College three year anniversary as required by UK law.
- If you have opted-out because you have a Protected Lifetime Allowance please ensure you have told email@example.com (including your protection number), so that we can ensure you are not included in future auto-enrolment exercises.
Opting out of the Pension scheme
If you are a College employee who is currently contributing to a College pension scheme and wish to opt out/withdraw from the scheme, please complete the relevant form from the selection set out below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a new employee you should return your opt out form to your Departmental Administrator along with all other new starter paperwork. Please note that it is a legal requirement for College to auto-enrol you onto the relevant scheme before actioning your opt-out request.
- SAUL Start Opt out form - For new members joining from 1 April 2023 who have not yet been paid
- Legal & General - This isn't for me - To opt-out if you have already joined the scheme, contact Legal & General directly
- SAUL Care Opt out form
- Notice to opt out or withdraw from USS form
If you would like further information about auto-enrolment please refer to the FAQS or visit the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) website.