AHSC Starting Out in Research
AHSC - SOiR
AHSC Starting Out in Research Course
This exclusive 3-day course has been designed by NMAHPPs across the Imperial College AHSC to provide the best possible introduction to a clinical academic career.
The course will enable participants to:
- Evaluate the role and value of research in clinical practice.
- Appreciate and discuss different research methods.
- Develop skills in evaluating research papers.
- Understand the processes associated with carrying out a research project.
- Gain confidence in developing research ideas into research proposals.
- Develop insights, networks/contacts and acquire key information and resources to be able to start engaging more with research.
We’re looking for applicants, from all NMAHPP professions across the AHSC, who can demonstrate a keen interest in clinical research and the potential to develop a clinical academic career in the long-term. Throughout the course there will be a focus on building confidence in research skills, providing information on how to further your participation in research and advice on developing a clinical academic career.
All the sessions are designed to give basic skills and do not assume any prior knowledge of research. The course is likely to be useful for NMAHPPs who are relatively new to research.
Key Facts + sign up
- The programme comprises a series of interactive talks and lectures from key research academics from across the AHSC.
- A key component of the course is the allocation of participants to a research coach with whom they discuss the material covered in the course and its application into their work environment.
- The programme is free to attend. Candidates will be selected through an AHSC selection process.
- 3 days, delivered 1 day per month over a 3 month period with a follow up event after 6 months.
- The programme runs approximately every 12-18 months (note: this course was formerly called AHSC Researcher Development Programme).
- Registration for the 2022 Starting Out in Research course is now closed.
- Imperial College AHSC Clinical Academic Training Office: email@example.com