ROAR is a central facility with all the hardware, software, and expertise needed to support data-rich experimentation in synthetic chemistry.
High-throughput robotic reactor platforms
A suite of three Freeslate Junior platforms (UnChained Labs) for a wide range of automated laboratory operations:
- Robotic reaction platforms to enable high-throughput parallel experimentation
- Possibility of reactions in plates, vials and bottles up to 125 mL
- Automated dispensing of solids and liquids
- Automated sampling during reactions
- High temperature and pressure capabilities
- Heated filtration for solubility and recrystallisation studies
Online, in situ, data-rich kinetic experimentation platforms
A suite of equipment for reaction progress and kinetic analysis.
- Across scales from 2 mL to 1 L
- In situ infra-red spectroscopy
- UV-vis spectroscopy
- Automated sampling
- Collects temperature, pH and other PAT data
Continuous flow reactors
A suite of flow reactors for investigative research and scale up.
- Homogeneous, multiphase and capsule-based systems
- High temperature and pressure
- In-line IR and UV-Vis spectroscopy
- Medium-throughput automation with autosampler and fraction collector
- Temperature controlled photoreactors
Advanced analytical suite
A suite of analytical instrumentation dedicated for rapid orthogonal analysis of reactions.
- Walk-up 1260 Infinity II uPLC-MS with pre-configured methods across four columns and a selection of buffers
- 1260 Infinity II is also capable of running in supercritical fluid chromotography (SFC) for rapid chiral analysis
- 1290 Infinity II uPLC-QTOF with rapid sampling capability for analysis of high-throughput experiments
- Further analytical capabilities available within the Department of Chemistry Measurement Suite
Plate-based sample preparation equipment is available to support high-throughput reaction analysis.
- Plate-based centrifuge
- 96-well plate evaporator