Basil Furneaux Memorial Fund
Purpose of Fund
The Basil Furneaux Memorial Fund is intended to provide support for past or present students of the College in need, particularly in relation to the advancement of education in agriculture.
The award is open to undergraduates at Imperial College in their final year of study and former undergraduates of Imperial College who are applying to the following masters courses. Students must attain a minimum 2:1 degree to qualify for the scholarship.
- MSc Bioinformatics and Theoretical Systems Biology
- MSc Computational Methods in Ecology and Evolution
- MRes Computational Methods in Ecology and Evolution
- MSc Conservation Science
- MSc Ecological Applications
- MSc Ecology, Evolution and Conservation
- MRes Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Research
- MRes Molecular Plant and Microbial Sciences
- MRes Plant Chemical Biology
- MRes Green Chemistry, Energy and the Environment
- MSc Environmental Technology
- MSc Applied Mathematics
- MSc Statistics
Value of Award
The value of each award is up to £17,000 contribution towards tuition fees, tenable for the period of masters study. This will be awarded as a reduction in the tuition fee billed to the student.
Applicants should make an online application for the desired course of study, indicating within the application that they wish to be considered for the Furneaux Fund. Applicants must include a paragraph in their personal statement outlining the reasons for their interest in agriculture-related applications, why the funding is needed to enable them to undertake the course and what is the source of additional funds that will support them during the year of study.
Departments will select students through their normal selection processes and provide nominations to the Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
The deadline for application by students to the Fund will be 30th April 2020.
Outcome of Awards
Students will be advised by their departments if their application has been successful in May 2020.