Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Imperial and the Technical University of Munich (TUM) are two of the world’s most entrepreneurial universities with exceptionally close links to industry.
In 2018 Imperial and TUM formed a strategic partnership in education, research and innovation.
This flagship partnership underlines Imperial’s commitment to growing its European connections Imperial and TUM have launched a research seed fund, hosted workshops for students to work together to tackle global challenges, and developed training programmes for the scientific leaders of the future.
Explore our programmes
- Imperial-TUM Joint Academy for Doctoral Studies
- Imperial-TUM Global Fellows Programme
- Imperial-TUM Education Seed Fund Application deadline 22 September 2020
- Imperial-TUM Research Seed Fund. We are now accepting applications for the current round of the Seed Fund. The deadline to apply is 15 November 2020.
- European Talent Academy Application deadline 23 October 2020
Explore our partnership
- Imperial wins major grant to develop data clusters with top global partners. Imperial-TUM data cluster supports projects in computing, AI and robotics and promotes joint innovation and academic exchange between Europe’s two leading technical universities.
- Imperial and TUM strengthen links in entrepreneurship and innovation. Imperial and TUM focus to develop closer collaboration in science, business and culture through the advancement of flagship partnership and collaborative research programmes.
- TU Munich expands Imperial partnership in AI, healthcare, robotics and beyond. Imperial and TUM have announced the launch of new research and education programmes in AI, healthcare and robotics, including a collaborative PhD programme for 10 students.
- Partnership with Technical University of Munich advances as alumni reunite. The deepening Imperial-TUM partnership plays an increasingly important role in furthering UK-German collaboration in research, innovation and education.
- Imperial-TUM seed fund takes off. The fund supports early-stage research activity in healthcare haptics, battery storage, and circular economy and helps researchers to foster innovation in their respective fields.
- Imperial forms ‘flagship partnership’ with Technical University of Munich. Imperial-TUM partnership in education, research and innovation further strengthens ties between the two leading European universities through new institutional collaborations.