Access the Careers Service
Starting at Imperial this autumn? You will have full access to the Careers Service and JobsLive from the first day of your degree programme when you officially enrol.
Summer vacation 2022
We continue to provide a full service right up until the end of term with a variety of online one to one appointments plus our regular series of online seminars, workshops, and other events via MS Teams (Office 365). Search and book on JobsLive.
- JobsLive is the Careers Service's online system for booking events and appointments, searching for jobs and employers. Current Imperial students are automatically registered with JobsLive, just use your Imperial username/ password to login
- If you have recently finished your course, are an Imperial Postdoc or Imperial Academic or Professional member of staff, you will need to register to access the system (see below)
- If you are an employer, you will need to register with JobsLive in order to advertise opportunities
- To ensure fair access to our appointments you may only book one appointment per day and we limit you to three appointments of each type per academic term.
- All opening hours/event/appointment times are UK - check the current UK time here
We have withdrawn campus-based teaching activities and replaced these with online presentations and events. Please see the Careers Service response to the Coronavirus.
All opening hours/event/appointment times are UK - check the current UK time here.
Setting up your account
- Set your profile settings to receive daily/weekly email alerts about job vacancies and events according to what types of work you are interested in
- You cannot access the system until you have set your email preferences in your profile settings
- We strongly recommend that you register for the Careers Service weekly newsletter (sent every Thursday, term-time)
- Students with disabilities can register for the 'Opportunity Update' - a digest of related news and events sent out as we receive them
- Registering with Target Jobs is not mandatory and you can de-select this option by unchecking the relevant box in JobsLive
Subscribe to Careers Service weekly newsletters
We strongly recommend that you register for the Careers Service weekly newsletter (sent every Thursday, term-time). This is a handy weekly digest of all the careers events taking place the following week, and all the latest news.
Students with disabilities can register for the 'Opportunity Update' - a digest of related news and events sent out as we receive them.
You can subscribe to these newsletters under you profile settings in 'Me' on the menu of JobsLive.
Search for employers and jobs
- Search for job vacancies by industry sector, location, job role and more
- Browse the online employer directory (currently with over 5500 registered employers)
- Save searches for jobs and set up notifications for when similar jobs are received
- Note that only roles that meet National Minimum Wage legislation are advertised by the Careers Service
Book careers events and appointments
- View all Careers Service events/appointments and manage your online bookings
- Receive email confirmations and reminders for all booked events/appointments
- Set reminders for events that you are interested in
- Book one of our many one to one appointments
Visiting or exchange students
- You have the same benefits under JobsLive as 'Current Students'
- Login under the 'Imperial Alumni' heading
- Under 'Degree graduated with' - select 'Imperial College UROP overseas visiting student'
Register as an Imperial graduate
- Follow the JobsLive link and select 'Alumni sign in', (then select 'Register') Input your details on the registration page. You will then receive an email to authenticate and then you will be sent login details via email.
- Please note that registration for JobsLive for alumni is for one year initially, after which time you will be prompted for re-registration
Register as Imperial College staff
- Your Imperial login will not work with JobsLive. Please go to JobsLive and select either 'Acadmic & Professional Staff' or ' Postdoctoral Reserch Staff', (and then 'Register'). Input your details on the registration page. You will then receive a JobsLive password via email.
- Please note that in most cases, jobs vacancies, events and appointments advertised by the Careers Service are intended for current Imperial students and recent Imperial alumni.
- Imperial College staff are able to register with JobsLive but may be restricted from attending events and appointments. Please email us for further information.
- Registration with JobsLive is permitted for the duration of employment at Imperial College London, your account will be deleted upon leaving the College.
Privacy and data notice
Imperial Careers Service staff will have lawful basis to access information on relevant data subjects (including, but not limited to students, recent graduates, employers, third-party suppliers, staff and other clients) on the basis of public task outlined in General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"), Article 6(1)(e).
This data is submitted to Imperial College London (as the data controller) as part of the enrolment process or when registering for an account on Imperial Careers Service's JobsLive. For full details please see:
- Imperial College and Data Protection
- Employer Terms & Conditions
Data will be stored securely on your JobsLive user profile, which is provided by Group GTI (as the data processor).
- You can view the data held by Imperial College London Careers Service at any time by logging into your JobsLive account and selecting 'my profile' from the menu.
- To view full data held by Imperial College London Careers Service you will need to email email@example.com for a request for personal information.
Opportunity types explained:
- Graduate position (up to three years after graduating) - any graduate scheme or graduate job (fixed term or permanent contract)
- Graduate position (three years+ after graduating) - any graduate scheme or graduate job (fixed term or permanent contract), suitable for those that have been graduated for more than three years
- Student internship (less than four months) - any internship aimed at students returning to study in next academic year, usually summer internships eight to 12 weeks in duration
- Insights scheme - any work shadowing or short introductions to an organisation / sector. Usually aimed at earlier year groups
- Placement (four to twelve months) -any industry placement, usually forming part of a degree course, with a duration of four to twelve months. Mostly undergraduate but can be at graduate level.
- Voluntary work - any full or part-time voluntary roles with charities or organisations exempt from National Minimum Wage legislation
- Part-time / seasonal work - any casual or ad-hoc paid work or projects
- Studentships, scholarships & awards - any grants or funding for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.