Advertising your opportunities
Our JobsLive system is accessible 24/7 and is the most effective way to advertise opportunities and host an organisation profile for FREE to over 20,000 current students and 3,000 recent alumni. Imperial students and recent alumni can register their preferences, and will be emailed your vacancy if it matches.
- Register for a JobsLive account, posting an opportunity is FREE of charge, and registration only takes a few moments.
- Once your registration has been (manually) approved, you will receive an email asking you to create a password. You can then log-in post and re-post vacancies by logging into your account.
- We check all job vacancies before they go live onto the system; vacancies will normally be approved within two working days of posting. Please ensure you read all of the information on this page, and our Advertising opportunities terms and conditions , before attempting to post a vacancy.
- To advertise a job vacancy for an experienced Imperial alumnus, please use the vacancy job type "graduate position (three years+ after graduating)".
- If you have any problems using JobsLive, please email us, or call us on +44 (0)20 7594 8024.
Important information on advertising your opportunities
Posting a vacancy
- Register your organisation on JobsLive (follow the link at the top of this page). The Careers Service will check your details and approve your organisation within one working day.
- You can then post a vacancy, which the Careers Service will check and approve. If we don’t approve a vacancy, we will always tell you why, and, if possible, suggest amendments in order for the vacancy to be approved. Please make sure you only select one vacancy type, e.g. Internship or Graduate - Full Time, when adding your vacancy.
- Once a vacancy has been approved and is live, you can use your account to edit it. The vacancy will then need to be rechecked by the Careers Service before going live again. If you have any problems posting or editing your vacancy, please email us and we will happily help.
- Please note jobs posted on JobsLive are viewable by current Imperial students and recent Imperial graduates (up to three years post graduation).
- See the Institute of Student Employers (ISE) guidance on Recruiting International Graduates - A Guide for Employers.
Placements & internships
Imperial students are available to undertake a range of placement and internship options, depending on their department and your business needs. This may include:
- Summer internships – usually up to 12 weeks from the beginning of July to the end of September; not part of the student’s course
- 0 - 6 month placements - as part of the student’s course
- Year in industry placements - can be taken as part of the student’s course, or occasionally as an interruption of studies
- Other internships - such as Easter or Christmas vacation internships
- Graduate internships – for students that have completed their degree
You can refer to our list of departments to get further information on the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes Imperial College offers. Each department has different arrangements for placements and internships and details of these can be found on the relevant department’s year in industry placements page.
The Imperial Careers Service also manages various exclusive initiatives for students to develop their employability. These schemes include the:
- Work Shadowing Scheme
- Professional Project Fund
- SME Internship Fund
- Alumni Mentoring Scheme
- Ask an Alum database
If you have any questions about our exclusive initiatives or offering Imperial students experience, please contact our Placement and Internship Unit at email@example.com.
If you are a recruitment agency or third party intermediary, we offer a service whereby you can place individual company vacancies on JobsLive at a cost of £75 + VAT.
- The vacancy must be posted using the final employer’s (client’s) name
- We will only advertise specific/individual vacancies, not open ended opportunities
- We will only advertise opportunities that we feel appropriate to our students/graduates
- We will not advertise any opportunities that contravene Equal Opportunities, Employment Law or any other UK legislation.
- We retain the right to be selective at all times as to what we will/will not advertise.
Third parties and recruitment agencies can submit a job vacancy with us. Please email us for further information. We will check the opportunity and, if appropriate, post it on JobsLive. Once posted, we will raise an invoice.