The Department Library is currently closed
About the Library
The Civil & Environmental Engineering Library is currently closed. However, all regular loan items may be requested for collection at the Central Library. To place a request:
1) Sign in to Library Search
2) Search for the book you are looking for and click on its title
3) Click on "Request" (the request option only appears if you are signed in)
4) Complete the short form and then "Send Request"
5) When the book is available the Library will let you know via your College email account. Books should be collected from the Central Library's Request Pickup shelf in the 24 hour room. Book will be available for collection for 7 days.
The Department Library houses a specialist collection covering Geotechnics / Soil Mechanics, Transport, Structural Engineering, Concrete Structures, Earthquake Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Offshore Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and more.
The Department Librarian, Callum Munro, is happy to help students with issues such as finding information, books and journal articles; using e-resources such as bibliographic databases; referencing accurately and using reference management software. Callum is available online every day.
|The Library is closed on weekends and bank holidays|
Membership and borrowing
Locating a book in the library
Print journals are shelved in alphabetical order in our Journal Stacks.
If you are unsure about how to locate books/journals please ask for assistance.
What to do if the library doesn’t have what you're looking for
What to do if you've lost a library book
Please contact the Library as soon as possible.