Skip to main content
Skip to search
Skip to section menu
View accessibility support page
Roles and Responsibilities of the Industry Advisory Board
Academic and Co-curricular Programmes
- To ensure that the Dyson School of Design Engineering's undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes are relevant to current and future needs of industry and other graduate destinations.
- To discuss issues spanning admissions, placements, and progression to employment.
- To identify opportunities for industry collaboration and commercialisation of academic and co-curricular activities.
Dyson School of Design Engineering Positioning
- To discuss the current research themes and their relevance to emerging industry needs.
- To advise on how DSDE relates to, and promotes itself to the UK and global market for graduate design engineering recruitment, employment, research, and leadership in design engineering.
- To contribute to discussion on development plans for DSDE including portfolio of programmes, research themes and activities and marketing and communications.
- To advice on DSDE’s use of space, equipment, and facilities.
- The members of the IAB shall be appointed to represent a broad range of disciplines relating to design engineering and organisation scales (ref appendix).
- Membership is for an appointed person from a company. The individual may appoint a proxy in case they cannot attend an IAB meeting in person.
- It is expected that membership will be for a term of 4 years.
- Membership is by invitation only.
- The DSDE seeks to maintain diverse representation on the IAB
- Membership is a voluntary contribution. Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at the discretion of DSDE.
- DSDE reserves the right to use a photo and description of IAB members on the School website.