Information for prospective applicants
Applications for the 2024 intake are now open. Please follow the instructions below to apply.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who are motivated, personable, self-starters with the drive to deliver excellence in Finance.
You must be passionate about supporting the College in achieving its academic mission which includes biomedical research that impacts on the health and wealth of societies, managing and delivering solutions for pandemics, finding technically complex engineering solutions, teaching the next business leaders of the future and leading world-class research, training and innovation towards effective action on climate change and the environment.
We want graduates who are passionate about higher education and who are serious about building a career in Finance in the higher education sector. We welcome graduates with undergraduate degrees in any discipline.
To make sure your application stands out, you need to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements and that you have the right to work in England.
Please note that in order to be considered, you must meet all of the essential criteria for the role. Please make it clear how you meet the essential criteria in your application. Applications that do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
To apply you must meet the below minimum entry requirements:
- You should have obtained or be predicted a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree, in any discipline.
- Numeracy skills and knowledge are essential so you must have an A level in Mathematics if your degree is not in a numerate subject (Grade B and above).
- You should have a minimum of 128 UCAS points (or equivalent) excluding General Studies based on the new tariff.
- You should have grade 9 – 4 (A*- C) at GCSE level (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- The right to work in England.
- No prior experience is necessary.
You should also demonstrate the following skills and qualities
- Proactive – enthusiastic and inquisitive, showing initiative and seeking opportunities to improve the way things are done
- Problem-solving – able to analyse information, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Communication – able to get messages across clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing
- Teamwork – able to liaise effectively with a wide range of colleagues, welcoming different perspectives
- Time-management– able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload at the same time as studying for an accounting qualification
- An interest in personal and professional development
- An interest in developing a career in Finance
- An interest in Higher Education
Due to the nature of this role we will be shortlisting candidate as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy as soon as a suitable candidate has been appointed. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment. We receive a very high number of applications every year, with over 200 applications for the last intake.
Screening calls and interviews for shortlisted applicants will take place in December 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
- Set up an account on the College's recruitment website
- Find the vacancy details by searching for "Graduate Finance Analyst".
- All applications must be completed on the official application form. CVs will not be considered.
- Submit the form through the online process.
- Closing date for applications for 2024 will be 11th December 2023 but we will be shortlisting candidates as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy as soon as a suitable candidate has been appointed. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Applicants will be shortlisted and a small proportion of them will be invited for interview. We receive a very high number of applications every year, with over 200 applications for the last intake so we advise that you apply early as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Screening calls and interviews will take place between December 2023.
Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions page if you have any questions. If you cannot find an answer on this website and should you require any further details on the role please contact Finance Development - email@example.com