- Admission status: Open for entry in 2024-25. Apply here.
- Expected length: 12 months, in person.
- Places: circa 60 each academic year.
- Applications/year: >1,500.
- Expected start: 30 September 2024.
Contact us with further enquiries: email@example.com
Explore what previous students thought of the programme.
Applications for Autumn 2024 entry are now open.
This one-year full-time in-person programme provides outstanding training in applied and computational statistics, the fundamentals of statistical inference, and statistical machine learning. The MSc in Statistics will equip you with broad, high-level statistical reasoning, tools, and methods that are now launching in almost all employment sectors, including banking and finance, government, medical and scientific research, the pharmaceutical industry, and the digital economy.
- Discover the forefront of statistical tools, applications and methods across all of modern statistics through an unparalleled range of modules offered.
- Enhance your learning through a focus on interactive, problem-based classes and tutorials with our renowned faculty in Statistics.
- Specialise your skills in one of five tailor-made programme streams.
- Gain industry recognition with an accredited degree.
- Acquire a wide range of transferable data science skills from programming, real-time problem-solving, critical thinking, scientific writing, project work and presentation.
- Complete a research project exploring a state-of-the-art research problem in Statistics, typically with interdisciplinary, multinational or industry partners.
- Build your professional network within a highly selected, multinational cohort drawing from >1,500 applicants/year, the Imperial College London community, and our world-leading academic experts.
Our programme provides training across all of modern statistics and stands out through its breadth and diversity. Students can choose from an unparalleled wide range of >15 elective modules and gain in-depth training in statistics in six specialised streams.
In the Autumn term, we offer a common set of core modules that ensures that all students obtain advanced knowledge in the fundamental areas of probability theory, statistical inference and applied and computational statistics.
In the Spring term, our students specialise across six streams (General statistics, Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Statistical Finance, and Theory & Methods). You will choose from an unparalleled range of innovative modules offered across all of modern statistics.
In the summer, you will develop your MSc in Statistics thesis on an exciting research problem that suits their interests. You will be supervised by one of our world-leading academic experts and typically collaborate with interdisciplinary, multinational or industry partners that draw from the wide expertise across the College in science, technology and medicine.
All our taught modules have a strong focus on interactive and deep learning through in-person problem classes and tutorials with our acclaimed academic teaching and research staff and draw on state-of-the-art multi-mode teaching practice.
Throughout, you will acquire a wide range of transferable skills, including programming, real-time problem-solving, critical thinking, scientific writing, project work and presentation. We hope this will enable you to take on prominent roles in a wide array of employment and research sectors.