Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Imperial and MIT are both consistently ranked in the world’s top ten universities and are similarly focused on research and innovation
Imperial and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have been working together for more than eight decades and are now deepening connections on an unprecedented scale.
In the last couple of years Imperial and MIT have strengthened their partnership further with a student exchange, enterprise programme and a joint seed fund for early stage research.
Explore our programmes
- MIT-Imperial Seed Fund
- Imperial Business Partners & MIT Industrial Liaison Program (ILP)
- Imperial-MIT student exchange
- International Research Opportunities Programme (IROP)
- IROP In North America. Read experiences of Imperial students who completed IROP at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Explore our partnership
- Imperial and MIT showcase innovative research on AI, blockchain and biosensors. Innovation Journey’s Conference, co-hosted by Imperial and MIT, gathered industry leaders, academics, and start-ups from both universities to discuss and share insights on technological innovation and research.
- Imperial and MIT announce winners of first Africa-focused seed fund. Imperial-MIT seed fund has funded research projects in diverse areas such as infectious disease, high energy physics and eco-friendly refrigerants, bringing together scientists from Imperial, MIT and African partner institutions.
- Trailblazing students from Imperial and MIT aim to solve world problems. Imperial and MIT students share their experiences on Imperial-MIT student exchange.
- Imperial and MIT explore how our future could be shaped by AI. Academics from Imperial and MIT, industry leaders and start-ups came together to discuss the role of AI in disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and healthcare at Systems that Learn, a conference co-organised by Imperial Business Partners, MIT Industrial Liaison Programme and BT Group.
- MIT and Imperial launch ‘unparalleled’ student exchange. The exchange programme provides Imperial and MIT undergraduate students exceptional educational and research opportunities, further strengthening Imperial’s links with MIT.