Current PhD students
In this section you can find essential information you'll need as a PhD student in the Department of Aeronautics.
PhD current students
PhD milestones and forms
1. Research plan confirmation
The research proposal plan is not a requirement, but you and your supervisor may consider that a formal research plan is desirable.
2. Early stage assessment
The ESA is completed within 12 months of registration for full-time students (24 months for part-time).
3. Late stage review
The LSR is completed within 24 months of registration for full-time students (48 months for part-time).
4. Submission of writing-up form
Information about what to do as you come to the end of your research degree.
5. Exam entry forms
Complete these forms to register for your examination
6. Thesis submission and vivas
Information about submitting your thesis and your viva
PhD admin and information
- PhD Timeline
- How to check your PhD Milestones / Due Dates
- 6 Month assessment form 2020
- Confidential Report Form 2019
- Other administration (interruption of studies, study leave, change of supervisor, withdrawls etc.)
Current PhD candidates are encouraged to apply for: