Advanced Research Fellow - Data Scientist
Are you a data scientist who is looking for an opportunity to study and experiment with innovative models of business enterprise for the creation of economic and social value? The Leonardo Centre at Imperial College Business School is seeking an Advanced Research Fellow to join its collaborative platform for knowledge specialists, working with executives, entrepreneurs, investors, value chain partners, unions, government institutions, local...
Job listing information
- Reference BUS00304
- Date posted 12 November 2020
- Closing date 13 December 2020
Are you a data scientist who is looking for an opportunity to study and experiment with innovative models of business enterprise for the creation of economic and social value? The Leonardo Centre at Imperial College Business School is seeking an Advanced Research Fellow to join its collaborative platform for knowledge specialists, working with executives, entrepreneurs, investors, value chain partners, unions, government institutions, local communities and NGOs.
The collaborative platform includes a dataset of published corporate sustainability initiatives, to design and test the impact of change in the business enterprise. The overarching goal is to contribute to the development of an integrative, just and sustainable model of economic and social development by discovering, testing and diffusing new logics of the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research design and grant writing
- Large scale dataset management, integration and analysis
- Modelling and history friendly simulations
- Data analysis and visualisation of the evolution of the phenomenon
- Reporting results in various formats and for different audiences
- Project development in collaboration with business and other institutions
Publishing research papers in leading academic journals, independently or in collaboration with a member of faculty.
- Completed PhD in scientific domains relevant to the study of corporate sustainability
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Diversity of methodological skills, spanning quantitative designs and analytical approaches, including simulations with systems dynamics and/or agent based modelling
- Capacity to work autonomously, with a proactive, developmental, mindset
- Cognitive flexibility to apply personal skills to diverse empirical phenomena
- Value alignment with the overall mission of the Leonardo Centre
The post is for a fixed term until 31 October 2023, with the possibility of renewal for an additional two years (subject to funding).
Candidates must complete an online application on Imperial College’s jobs website (see link below). CVs alone will not be accepted.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Virginia Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people