Databox Research Associate
Applications are invited for a Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate position on Data mining, Analytics, Privacy Protocols and Machine Learning aspects of Personal and IoT data for the the EPSRC Databox Project (http://www.databoxproject.uk) and the EPSRC Defense Against Dark Artefacts project (http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/R03351X/1), ideally with a focus on edge computing, Internet of Things, data mining, data...
Job listing information
- Reference ENG00357
- Date posted 31 May 2018
- Closing date 1 July 2018
Applications are invited for a Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate position on Data mining, Analytics, Privacy Protocols and Machine Learning aspects of Personal and IoT data for the the EPSRC Databox Project (http://www.databoxproject.uk) and the EPSRC Defense Against Dark Artefacts project (http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/R03351X/1), ideally with a focus on edge computing, Internet of Things, data mining, data visualization, and/or designing and implementation of and security and privacy protocols and machine learning algorithms.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and building efficient and scalable privacy protocols and machine learning algorithms in conjunction with the Databox system
- Designing intuitive data discovery and visualisation apps for IoT/Personal data
- Engage with the other team members in design and conduct of experiments assessing the interaction of users with exemplar apps and data
- Work on a team including the PI, CoIs, and other PDRAs to design the Databox prototype
- Have a PhD or DMA equivalent degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics
- Practical experience within a research environment and / or publication in relevant and refereed journals
- Understanding of the research process
- knowledge of programming, system or development, data mining
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods and/or experience with relevant statistical software
This is full time fixed term position for 14 months
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as Research Assistant within the salary range £32,380- £34,040 per annum.
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Hamed Haddadi email@example.com
For enquiries about the application proces, please contact Ms Sarah Wissing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.