Research Associate DADA project
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position on Privacy Protocols and Machine Learning aspects of the home IoT environment on the EPSRC DADA (Defence Against Dark Artefacts) Project (http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/R03351X/1) in collaboration with the University of Cambridge and the University of Nottingham, with a focus on edge computing, Internet of Things, and designing and implementation of...
Job listing information
- Reference ENG00461
- Date posted 15 October 2018
- Closing date 29 October 2018
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position on Privacy Protocols and Machine Learning aspects of the home IoT environment on the EPSRC DADA (Defence Against Dark Artefacts) Project (http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/R03351X/1) in collaboration with the University of Cambridge and the University of Nottingham, with a focus on edge computing, Internet of Things, and designing and implementation of security and privacy protocols and machine learning algorithms.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce device traffic traces representative of the IoT-enabled home;
- Apply statistical summarisation and machine learning techniques to those traces to produce compact
- representations of each device’s profile,
- Develop and prototype mechanisms for pseudonymously sharing and aggregating device profiles in a privacy-preserving fashion
- Engage with the other team members in design and conduct of experiments assessing the interaction of Users with IoT devices
- Engage with the open-source community for application development;
- Publish original research in relevant journals and conferences
- Assist with impact and public engagement activities involving industry, students, open-source community
- PhD or DMA equivalent degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mathematic
- Experience conducting studies with IoT and/or networked system
- Development with C/Python/OCaml/iOS/Android/Go or other system/ML environments
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as Research Assistant within the salary range £33,380-£35,061 per annum.
For informal enquiries about the post please contact Dr Hamed Haddadi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries regarding the application process should be directed to Ms Sarah Wissing at email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.