Welcome to our induction checklist masters students.
Here are some things you should know... if you don't know, just ask!
A good starting point for information is your group secretary/administrator.
- Programme Director and Programme Administrator
- Personal Tutor or mentor
- Local Safety Officer
- Departmental Dissability Officers
- Student Representatives
- Postgraduate Office Support Staff
Domestic (on campus)
- Follow the Covid-19 Code of Conduct
- Location of toilets
- Details of local security measures, including provision of your security card
- Details of lockers available in the department
- Opening and closing hours of building and access
- Smoking is not permitted on campus
- How to dispose of or recycle items
- How to get a Computer account and email address
- Correct postal address for mail to reach you in your course
- Local arrangements for picking up and sending internal and external post
Health and safety
- Location of emergency exits
- Details of the emergency procedures, evacuation routes and assembly points
- Location of the first-aid box and the identity of your local first-aiders
- Location and operation of the fire alarm system
- Location of fire extinguishers
- Procedures to be observed in case of a fire
- Details of any significant safety hazards or health risks in your working environment
- Disposal of waste
- Location of and how to join the Library, Sport's centre and Health Centre, if applicable
- Details of local events and cultural programmes, e.g. regular concerts, humanities programme etc.
- Location of Student's Union