ICT resources for new students
Welcome to Imperial College London! The video below walks you through the ICT resources at the College and the links will help you get set-up for your studies.
You can also watch our full ICT induction video for new students recorded on Panopto at the bottom of this page.
If you are having access issues or require further instruction, please contact the ICT Service Desk who will be happy to help.
Starting University during COVID-19
Starting the new term during the COVID-19 pandemic may seem daunting but we are doing everything we can to provide the best ICT service to you.
Our accessing services when off-campus web pages features a wealth of information on how to access all the resources you will need when you work off-campus.
Visit the College's COVID-19 web pages for information on how the College is managing the crisis to make it as safe as possible for new students.
Other useful information
- We have over 3,500 computers across College (in Library and teaching rooms) for students to use which come equipped with all the software you'll need for your studies
- Imperial mobile is a mobile app enabling students to access College information and services anytime, anywhere. Download Imperial mobile.
- Get access to your timetable, including viewing your calendar and booking rooms, please visit the timetabling page.
- Check out our Be Secure web pages for helpful advice on staying safe online.
- Collaborate and communicate with Office 365. Work anywhere, at any time and from any device.
- You can find lots of helpful videos on our IT Support playlist. Those who are unable to view YouTube videos can view our ICT Support playlist on Stream.
- You must make sure that you adhere to the conditions of use for IT facilities
Full ICT induction for new students
You can get further help and advice by watching our full 30 minute ICT induction video for new students. This video expands on the key resources and support available, and shows you how to keep yourself and your devivce safe while online. (Log in to the video with your College username and password.)