REF 2021 panel membership
The four UK higher education funding bodies have announced the appointment of members to the main panel and sub-panels for the REF 2021 exercise.
Two lists of members have been announced:
- A complete set of members for the criteria setting phase of REF 2021. Commencing in 2018, this phase will involve the development of the detailed guidance and criteria for REF 2021. Membership will cover the entire REF period, including the assessment phase in late 2020-2021.
- A partial set of additional members for the assessment phase only.
Imperial College members
Staff members appointed to the criteria setting phase are:
- Professor Paul Elliott, Chair of Sub-Panel 2 - Public Health, Health Services & Primary Care, Member of Main Panel A
- Professor Maja Pantic, Member of Sub-Panel 11 – Computer Science and Informatics
- Professor Mary Ryan, Member of Sub-Panel 12 – Engineering
- Professor Jonathan Weber, Member of Sub-Panel 1 – Clinical Medicine
Further staff members appointed to the assessment phase only are:
The full list of panel members can be found on the REF 2021 webpages.*
*Please note that in the list of additional members for the Assessment phase, Professor Saeema Ahmed-Kristensen is listed as being of Imperial College and a member for sub-panel 32 – Art and Design, History, Practice and Theory. Professor Ahmed-Kristensen was formerly the deputy head of the Dyson School of Design, but left the College in January 2018 and is now Head of Design Products at the Royal College of Art.