Students with families
International Family Network
The International Student Support staff would like to welcome all students with families and their family members. We aim to provide support to help with the transition into UK life. Moving to an unfamiliar country and trying to balance study commitments while raising a family can bring it's challenges . However if you’re an international student parent the good news is that you’re not alone!
We have created the International Family Network in order to bring international families together in a welcoming and informal environment. Our meet-ups allow you to socialise and share experiences/tips with others who may be going through many of the same situations as you.
Our recent trips and events have included: Legoland Windsor; The Tower of London; Kew Gardens; The Lion King Theatre Trip; Hampton Court Palace; Kensington Palace and also our annual Easter Egg Hunt !
Join the International Family Network mailing list and Facebook group .
We have compiled a list of resources that may be of assistance to you and your family:
- Obtaining a visa for your dependant(s)
- Cost of living in London and Managing your money advice
- General information for dependants (UK Council for International Student Affairs)
- Finding a school for your children
- Imperial nursery
- Maternity policy for Imperial College students
- Babies and Bumps New Parents' Network
- Emergency financial support for international students
- SureStart Children's Centres
Trip to the Butterfly House at the Natural History Museum
The summer picnic
Easter Egg Hunt
Picnic at London Zoo