Coming to an event
Imperial College London hosts an exciting programme of events including academic lectures and seminars, graduation ceremonies, open days, sport fixtures, musical performances and art exhibitions.
The majority of our events are open to Imperial students, staff, alumni and the public. Events are often very popular with a limited number of places available. Please ensure you register early for your chosen event; registration details are indicated on the individual events pages. All events are free unless stated.
Full details of individual events can be accessed on the events calendar.
FAQs for guests
Will cloakroom facilities be available?
We cannot guarantee provision of cloakroom facilities at our events. Please try to avoid bringing large or bulky items where at all possible.
Do I need to register/book a ticket to attend in-person events at Imperial?
Due to demand and the need to retain attendee details for contact tracing, it is unlikely that we will be able to accept walk ins at our events. For details on how to register for individual events, please check the event listing and contact the event organiser if required via the What’s On pages.
Accessibility and other requirements
- Step-free access - please see College maps for information about accessible routes through campus and access into buildings.
- Accessible parking - there are a limited number of blue badge holder parking spaces available on campus. See the car parking page to book a space.
- Other requirements: If you have other requirements, please contact the named event organiser as soon as possible who can assist with arrangements. Their details are listed on the individual event webpage.
- Admittance to any Imperial event is at the discretion of the event organisers
- Admittance to lecture theatres is strictly subject to seating capacity. Standing is not permitted
- Please arrive in good time for the start of the event, latecomers may not be admitted
- Guide dogs are welcome in all College venues, but no pets allowed.
Door opening times
- We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink may be purchased from a number of outlets on campus
- No food or drink may be consumed in the lecture venues.
- There are some parking meters around Imperial, mainly on Exhibition Road and Queen's Gate.
- Imperial has some disabled parking bays, please call +44 (0)20 7594 9641 to book a bay in advance.
Campus maps and information
For maps, travel directions and campus details.
We are adopting a public health approach that we believe will keep our students and staff safe, and ensure that we can continue teaching, undertaking research and running events. We recommend that guests look at our College webpages ahead of the event for more information to help make their own assessment around personal levels of comfort attending in person:
- We encourage our guests to wear face coverings in crowded indoor settings when they visit.
- If you are displaying symptoms of respiratory disease we advise you to not attend the event unless you are able to test and produce a negative COVID-19 result.
Please contact the event lead (which is listed on the What’s On Listing on our webpages) for questions on specific events