Aerodynamics Showcase Event
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Aerodynamics Research Showcase will no longer take place on Friday 26 June 2020.
We hope to reschedule the Event when the situation stabilises.
Registration – Tea/Coffee
Welcome to Aerodynamics at Imperial College London
Tours of Facilities and Key Research Themes including:
1) Low-speed Aerodynamics (led by Dr Kevin Gouder)
- Tour of 10x5 Wind Tunnel
- Capability demonstrations + interactive displays and visualisations of current and upcoming projects in wind engineering: the CRM-HL, transpiration cooling, turbulent friction drag reduction and turbulent wakes.
2) High-speed Aerodynamics (led by Dr Paul Bruce)
- Tour of Imperial’s Supersonic and Hypersonic Wind Tunnels
- Overview of the unique challenges of high-speed testing and state-of-the-art flow measurement capabilities at Imperial and their application to experimental studies of High-Speed Flight and Spacecraft Re-Entry.
3) Data Science, Control and Optimisation (led by Dr Georgios Rigas)
- Real-time demonstrations of data analysis and current projects including: Machine Learning for Turbulence Modelling, Data Analytics, Physics-based-Data-driven Control and Shape Optimisation
4) High-fidelity CFD (led by Dr Peter Vincent)
- Applications of CFD ranging from Wind Energy and Wind Engineering to Turbomachinery, Automotive Aerodynamics, Biomedical Flows and Wing Design
- How High-performance Supercomputers help us to better understand turbulence
- Capabilities of our Open-Source Software
- Current projects