Are you seeking a copywriting role with plenty of variety in a proactive and enthusiastic team? If this sounds like your kind of job, you’re probably our kind of person! At Imperial, making the world a better place starts by finding a diverse set of students who can approach problems from different perspectives. We want to find people who meet our grade requirements but who will also each bring something special to our community. You’ll...
Job listing information
- Reference ACA00016
- Date posted 14 February 2022
- Closing date 28 February 2022
Are you seeking a copywriting role with plenty of variety in a proactive and enthusiastic team? If this sounds like your kind of job, you’re probably our kind of person!
At Imperial, making the world a better place starts by finding a diverse set of students who can approach problems from different perspectives. We want to find people who meet our grade requirements but who will also each bring something special to our community.
You’ll play a key role in this mission. You’ll build and set the standard for creative, engaging and targeted copy to be used across a wide range of marketing content that will help cement the university’s appeal for undergraduate and postgraduate study among all kinds of students from all over the world.
You’ll write strong copy for webpages, adverts and printed publications to help us achieve our student recruitment goals and engage our target audiences.
In return, you’ll have the chance to develop new skills and take ownership of projects that will have global exposure.
Duties and responsibilities
A little bit more about the role:
- Creating content for a variety of channels (website, print, social media, video, blogs) under the guidance of the Content Marketing Manager.
- Crafting emotive, engaging and compelling copy to raise awareness of our degree courses.
- Developing new straplines, headlines and body copy for paid advertising campaigns.
- Collaborating with the marketing team and on projects, from concept development to delivery of final products.
- Varying voice and style across channels to engage and attract audiences.
What we’re looking for:
- A degree, or equivalent professional experience of commercial copywriting, including advertising campaigns and materials for different audiences.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills with a keen eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar.
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative short and long copy for various audiences across different media.
- Confident working independently with little direction to tight time frames.
- Experience of working with brand guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking ability.
Our preferred method of application is online via this website.
Please also supply a portfolio of copywriting work with your application. You can upload 2–3 files or add hyperlinks to examples of your work within the personal statement of your application.
No recruitment agencies please. CVs will also not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact: Nadia Chan, Content Marketing Manager– N.Chan@imperial.ac.uk
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people