Research Associate in Corporate Acceleration
The Management and Entrepreneurship Department at Imperial College London Business School is hiring a Research Associate in Corporate Acceleration to help produce independent and original, practice-oriented research exploring the use of industry-led corporate acceleration in advancing the digital transformation of industry sectors with a specific focus on maritime logistics and automotive industries. You will have relevant academic training...
Job listing information
- Reference BUS00270
- Date posted 31 July 2020
- Closing date 13 August 2020
The Management and Entrepreneurship Department at Imperial College London Business School is hiring a Research Associate in Corporate Acceleration to help produce independent and original, practice-oriented research exploring the use of industry-led corporate acceleration in advancing the digital transformation of industry sectors with a specific focus on maritime logistics and automotive industries.
You will have relevant academic training and substantial experience in corporate acceleration. Ideally this experience would have been gained in the fields of maritime logistics or automotive sectors. The research will entail the generation of managerially relevant insights, tools and frameworks and the application of these to the management of industry-led corporate accelerators in maritime logistics and automotive sector contexts.
Duties will cover the production and validation of practice-oriented insight in the research domain, academic and practice-oriented publication, and the initiation of new research projects in collaboration with industry and external academic institutions. This role would involve a high degree of teamwork and interdisciplinary research. You will be working with the researchers and staff of the Management and Engineering department and other departments at Imperial, Royal College of Art, and industry partners.
Duties and responsibilities
- To take initiatives in the originating, planning and executing research into corporate acceleration
- Acquire and interpret research data and results
- Conducting literature reviews
- Development of industrially applicable techniques, models and methods for corporate acceleration
- To ensure the validity and reliability of data
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- Communicate research
- To assist in the writing of reports
- To prepare material for presentation, including slides
- To assist with the presentation of findings internally and externally
- To assist in the drafting of publications for submission to refereed journals
- To develop contacts within the College and the wider community
- To develop and maintain a network of stakeholders
- To work in close collaboration with researchers at Imperial College
- Prioritise tasks within agreed work schedule
- Relevant MRes or PhD degree or equivalent
- Experience of qualitative research
- Experience collecting, analysing and presenting qualitative data
- Experience writing reports, literature reviews and other written deliverables
- Experience of communicating research insights with decision makers outside academia
- Experience of working with industry practitioners in an advisory role
- Good familiarity with the maritime logistics or automotive industry
- Knowledge of business, management and consulting - strong familiarity with relevant concepts such as digital transformation, corporate acceleration, digital disruption, industry architectures
- Ability to assemble and maintain qualitative datasets
- Proficiency in content analysis
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships, as well as work collaboratively with a team
This position is available for a fixed term up until 30 April 2021. Start date as soon as possible.
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the Salary range £35,477–£38,566 per annum.
Should you have questions or require further details, please contact Professor Erkko Autio (email@example.com)
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people