Senior Teaching Fellow
Imperial College Business School’s Department of Finance department is seeking to appoint a Senior Teaching Fellow with teaching experience, demonstrable teaching excellence and ideally, evidence of administrative capacity. They should be an expert in the field of Finance and should have the ability to teach their subject to non-specialists as well as specialists at the postgraduate level. You will report to the Head of Department, and...
Job listing information
- Reference BUS00431
- Date posted 24 January 2022
- Closing date 28 February 2022
Imperial College Business School’s Department of Finance department is seeking to appoint a Senior Teaching Fellow with teaching experience, demonstrable teaching excellence and ideally, evidence of administrative capacity. They should be an expert in the field of Finance and should have the ability to teach their subject to non-specialists as well as specialists at the postgraduate level.
You will report to the Head of Department, and will undertake teaching Finance activities across the Business Schools suite of postgraduate and undergraduate programmes. You will be responsible for developing their own materials, teaching delivery and both setting and assessing work including examinations and coursework.
You will be expected to support and develop teaching in the Business School, both through degree programmes and executive education. They will also be expected to contribute to the administration of the Business School, to participate in the internal life of the School, and to enhance its reputation for pedagogy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the delivery of a teaching within Finance subjects across Business School programmes, applying knowledge acquired from scholarship to own teaching practice.
- To undertake teaching, including lectures and academic tutorials, using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods.
- Develop own teaching materials, methods and approaches, applying innovative and appropriate techniques. Be responsible for the design and delivery of teaching material and the assessment of teaching activities.
- To set and assess the work (including examinations and coursework) and progress of students using appropriate methods and criteria. To provide constructive and timely feedback on essays and course assessments. Use innovative approaches to providing feedback.
- To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate student projects within Finance subject areas
- To take responsibility for development of new initiatives in teaching. To use an evidence-based approach in the planning, design and development of objectives and curricula, identifying areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement.
- Identify areas of particular student need or interest
- Identify best practice and communicate to the Academic Director
- Attend module meetings and exam boards with Academic Directors and Programme Teams
- Have potential for and willingness to work towards appropriate professional recognition and accreditation e.g. Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- MSc or PhD in Finance or related fields (possibly Economics, Operations, Engineering)
- Teaching and learning support experience.
- Experience in using various teaching methods and techniques within the relevant discipline.
- Experience of producing clear and concise written material for teaching and management purposes.
For more details on the job requirements, please refer to the job description.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Ms Moira Rankin – firstname.lastname@example.org – containing the keywords “Job Advert: Senior Teaching Fellow” in the subject line.
Please clearly state the job title and reference number on your application and ensure that your personal statement consists of no more than 1000 words. Please submit a copy of your CV and evidence of teaching quality.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people