Senior Digital Engagement Manager
Imperial College London is a global leader in science and technology and its business school is consistently ranked among Europe’s best. We are respected for our pioneering research, outstanding suite of postgraduate programmes and transformational Executive Education offering. We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Senior Digital Engagement Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team. You will be working to raise national and...
Job listing information
- Reference BUS00501
- Date posted 21 July 2022
- Closing date 17 August 2022
Imperial College London is a global leader in science and technology and its business school is consistently ranked among Europe’s best. We are respected for our pioneering research, outstanding suite of postgraduate programmes and transformational Executive Education offering.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Senior Digital Engagement Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team. You will be working to raise national and international awareness of the Business School, which aims to benefit business and society through the power of innovative thinking.
The postholder will have ownership of all social media channels, deliver user-centric content campaigns to build community and brand affinity, monitor and maximise the quality of digital content across the School, and lead major marketing and communications projects.
This post represents a fantastic opportunity for a committed and experienced marketing and communications professional to work for one of the world’s leading higher education brands, working across a variety of projects as well as developing their own initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development, delivery and review of the School’s social media strategy
- Develop social media, digital content and video KPIs and report on the School’s overall performance in social media
- Encourage, educate and assist academics, students, alumni and senior management to start or increase their communication in the social media channels
- Champion consistent communications internally and externally across School channels
- Educated to a degree, or equivalent, ideally in Marketing, Business, or another relevant subject
- Significant experience planning, implementing and analysing high-end digital content campaigns for multiple channels
- As a social media strategist, influencer outreach and community engagement will be second nature to you
- Specialist knowledge in social media and video analytics
- Experience of writing copy for multiple audiences and mediums
- Experience of prioritising tasks and managing a busy workload successfully to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
- Ability to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to inform marketing activity
- You will have strong project management skills, an ability to work independently and prioritise a complex workload, and a high degree of flexibility.
- You will be able to develop a positive rapport with colleagues and stakeholders and demonstrate strong influencing and communication skills. With excellent attention to detail, you should be self-motivated, organised and adaptable.
Please note that appointments will be made at the bottom point of the salary scale.
Full details of this role can be found in the Job Description.
This is a full time and open-ended position, and you will be based in the South Kensington campus.
Should you require any further details please contact: Claire Bower, Senior Digital Engagement Manager: email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people