Assistant Professor in Analytics & Operations
Imperial College Business School is seeking qualified applicants for the position of tenure-track Assistant Professor in Analytics and Operations. Imperial College London, one of the world’s most important centres for research and teaching in the Natural and Physical Sciences, Medicine, Engineering, and Business, seeks qualified applicants (PhD in Business, Management, Computer Science, Operations Research/Management, Statistics,...
Job listing information
- Reference BUS00661
- Date posted 3 November 2023
- Closing date 1 December 2023
Imperial College Business School is seeking qualified applicants for the position of tenure-track Assistant Professor in Analytics and Operations.
Imperial College London, one of the world’s most important centres for research and teaching in the Natural and Physical Sciences, Medicine, Engineering, and Business, seeks qualified applicants (PhD in Business, Management, Computer Science, Operations Research/Management, Statistics, Engineering; (degree to be obtained before September 2024) for one or more tenure-track faculty positions at the tenure-track Assistant Professor level to join the Analytics & Operations group at the Imperial College Business School.
The candidate should demonstrate capability for high-quality innovative research in their area, a strong research agenda and pipeline, and a line of research relevant to Data Science, Business Analytics, Operations Research, Operations Management and/or Information Science/MIS. The successful candidate(s) will contribute to research, teaching and service at the Business School and have an opportunity to be affiliated with the Imperial-X (I-X) initiative - a new, College-wide collaborative environment for research, education, and entrepreneurship across artificial intelligence, data science and digital technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
Please see full list of duties and responsibilities in the attached Job Description and Further particulars
- To develop a broad range of research within Analytics & Operations, broadly defined
- To direct, lead, or contribute to, a research area at the highest scientifically rigorous levels, disseminating findings in peer reviewed journals, and through participation in national and international conferences
- To supervise, train and mentor research staff and students at the highest scientifically rigorous levels.
- To foster scientific collaborations through organising, attending and contributing to multidisciplinary meetings, within the Department and with other appropriate parties at Imperial.
- To attend and contribute to research and administrative meetings within the Department as and when requested.
Education - Teaching and Training
- To teach and examine courses at all levels – undergraduate, masters and higher research degrees – through lectures, seminars, tutorials, course work and personal supervision.
- To plan and review own approach to teaching.
- To supervise PhD candidates.
- To provide pastoral support for students.
- To contribute to curriculum development at College and broader level
Strategy and Business Planning
- To participate in the business planning and objective setting process for the academic team and the departments
- To make a significant contribution to building and establishing links between the appropriate departments and colleagues in other parts of the Business School and wider College.
- To play an active part in the strategic planning of financial, staff and research resources.
- To represent the Department, the Business School and College at external meetings, as appropriate.
Leadership and Team Working
- To demonstrate excellent leadership skills regarding individual performance, academic teams, the department, the Business School, College, and when participating in national/international initiatives.
- To work collaboratively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and the College as required.
- To resolve conflict and difficult situations through negotiation and discussion, involving appropriate parties.
- To adhere to College guidelines on leave including reporting absence.
For full list of requirements, please see attached Job Description and Further Particulars
- PhD in Business, Management, Computer Science, Operations Research/Management, Statistics, Engineering degree to be obtained before September 2024
- Demonstrate capability for high-quality innovative research in their area, a strong research agenda and pipeline, and a line of research relevant to Data Science, Business Analytics, Operations Research, Operations Management and/or Information Science/MIS.
- Experienced in teaching in areas relevant to the department.
Candidates who wish to obtain more information about the position and Imperial College Business School before applying can contact Gah-Yi Ban: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should apply online and send their CV along with the application form, cover letter, research statement, teaching statement and evidence of teaching scores (where applicable). Interviews can start before the closing date.
Hybrid working may be considered for this role. Staff working in roles that are suitable for hybrid working will normally be expected to work 60% of their time onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
More information is available on the following web page: Work Location Categories (from 30 September 2023) | Administration and support services | Imperial College London
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people