Curriculum Data Officer
The purpose of the role is to work with Departments across College to capture, translate and build programme and module information into its student system Banner® by Ellucian. This role is critical in delivering the Student Information Management Programme (SIMP) vision of an excellent student and staff experience; empowered staff; and integrated systems. This project will provide the College with the single source of truth for the student...
Job listing information
- Reference CEN00197
- Date posted 21 July 2020
- Closing date 12 August 2020
The purpose of the role is to work with Departments across College to capture, translate and build programme and module information into its student system Banner® by Ellucian. This role is critical in delivering the Student Information Management Programme (SIMP) vision of an excellent student and staff experience; empowered staff; and integrated systems. This project will provide the College with the single source of truth for the student academic lifecycle, transform business processes and provide improvements to the student and staff experience at Imperial. The post holder will work closely with Registry colleagues, academic departments and the SIMP Project Team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of institution, programme, module and assessment data in the student information management system, as approved by the Programmes Committee and the Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee, including fields to support internal and external reporting requirements as part of CMA, OfS and HESA compliance.
- Assist with the maintenance of a single source of truth for programme and module data and sub-data.
- Assist with setting up programme and module rules in the student system, including marks calculation, award and progression.
- Clear understanding of the regulatory framework for higher education qualifications in the UK and how they are applied at Imperial
- Develop and become an experienced user in the new student system Banner® for the College.
- Work closely with Department stakeholders (both Academic and Professional Services colleagues) to ensure their curriculum data is accurately maintained in the system.
- Previous administrative experience working in a complex organisation at a similar level.
- Experience maintaining definitive records or complex information and keeping track of updates and amendments.
- Experience of working with a student management information system (e.g. Banner, SITS).
- An understanding of departmental administration within an HE institution.
- High levels of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Type of Contract Full time, Fixed term until 31.07.2021
Candidates are required to complete an online application. CV's only will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 August 2020
Anticipated interview date: 27 August 2020
Should you require any further details on the role please contact:
Nathan Benson, Curriculum Data Manager – email@example.com
For technical issues when applying online please firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to equality and valuing diversity, we are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
The College cannot normally apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post under Tier 2 of the UKVI’s Points Based System. Any candidate, who is considering applying for this position and requires sponsorship, must ensure that they are able to obtain permission to work in the UK through an appropriate immigration route.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people