Early Years Educator (Part-time, Fixed Term)
All appointments will begin at the bottom of the salary range (plus 1 hours of guaranteed weekly overtime) Early Years Education Centre is an Ofsted rated outstanding nursery that provides quality care for 210 children between the ages of 6 months to 5 years. We serve the community of Imperial College London’s staff and students. Our spacious and stimulating rooms as well as eco-friendly garden are designed to provide an excellent...
Job listing information
- Reference COO00858
- Date posted 17 August 2023
- Closing date 7 September 2023
All appointments will begin at the bottom of the salary range (plus 1 hours of guaranteed weekly overtime)
Early Years Education Centre is an Ofsted rated outstanding nursery that provides quality care for 210 children between the ages of 6 months to 5 years. We serve the community of Imperial College London’s staff and students. Our spacious and stimulating rooms as well as eco-friendly garden are designed to provide an excellent environment for children to thrive and learn in, thus allowing them to reach their full potential. EYEC have recently redesigned its curriculum by adopting the Froebelian approach to learning. The focus of this to encourage children to learn through play, become natural explorers especially in nature, using real tools and woodwork benches to name a few. In line with our eco policy and curriculum we have started a project called the Oasis. We have transformed our nursery balcony into a space where staff and children have started to grow various plants and edible flowers as well as created a wildlife pond.
We are currently looking for one part time Early Years Educator to work Monday-Tuesday, 7.5 hours a day until 31st December 2023. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, hardworking, and Level 3 Qualified to join our well-motivated team. You will have excellent childcare and developmental knowledge, confident written and spoken communication skills and can plan and implement exciting learning experiences for children of all ages between 6 months - 5 years.
We, in return for your hard work will offer you career development training, generous holiday allowances, hours of work between 8:45-5:15 pm, excellent pension scheme, staff rates at the sports centre with full access to a gym and pool and interest free season ticket loan scheme.
Safeguarding children is our priority and all post holders are required to adhere to the EYEC’s Safeguarding children and Whistle blowing policy. All post holders will be required to obtain a satisfactory enhanced level Disclosure and Barring check.
Duties and responsibilities
- To build positive caring relationships with all children attending the Centre ensuring that their needs take priority
- To work as a key person to a group of designated children
- To keep accurate, clear, up to date developmental records and observations on children
- To have a working knowledge and understanding of the Early Years foundation Stage framework
- To plan and organise daily learning experiences with the team to promote the development of each individual child taking into consideration their varying interests and needs
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with parents and carers by warmly welcoming them to the Centre daily and communicating with them effectively about matters concerning their child
- To arrange to meet with parents regularly to discuss children’s progress and any concerns
- To hold a full and relevant childcare qualification e.g. NNEB, BTEC a minimum Level 3
- To have a sound knowledge of the Children’s Act, Every Child Matters document, the Early Years Foundation Stage and latest legislation
- To have a sound knowledge of child development 0-7 years
- Understanding of Safeguarding children and own responsibilities to protect children
- Ability to promote and maintain high standards of care and education
- To be able to keep accurate records
- To be understanding of children’s emotional needs and be able to respond appropriately
- To be able to recognise good practice and have the confidence to challenge bad practice (See Whistle Blowing Policy)
- Grade: Operational Services Level 2a
- Type of Contract: 1 x Part-time, Fixed Term
- Working Monday - Tuesday
- Fixed until 31 December 2023
- 7 hours per day + 0.5 hour per day of guaranteed contractual overtime
- Location: London, South Kensington Campus
- Department/ Division: Early Years Education Centre/ Campus Services
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- An excellent pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre with full access to gym and pool
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes
Closing date: Midnight on Thursday, 7 September 2023
For further information, please contact Suphia Khatun, Department Administrator and Receptionist at EYEC, by email on email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people