Senior Lecturer in CAE
Applications are invited from individuals with a strong academic record (including a relevant PhD or equivalent) in design/engineering with particular expertise in Computational Aided Engineering. Applicants must have a track record of: very high quality research, demonstrated by recent exceptional publications in internationally leading journals; design engineering practice; and teaching excellence. Applicants are required to submit together...
Job listing information
- Reference ENG00634
- Date posted 5 December 2018
- Closing date 3 January 2019
Applications are invited from individuals with a strong academic record (including a relevant PhD or equivalent) in design/engineering with particular expertise in Computational Aided Engineering. Applicants must have a track record of: very high quality research, demonstrated by recent exceptional publications in internationally leading journals; design engineering practice; and teaching excellence. Applicants are required to submit together with their applications, their 4 best journal papers published since January 2010.
Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and to play a leading role in developing the School’s research in the relevant area, building on and extending the School’s current activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and review their own approach to teaching
- Contribute to the development of teaching, teaching methods and assessments in the School to enhance the quality of teaching
- Develop approaches to teaching which are innovative and reflect best practice developing elsewhere
- Develop course proposals and contribute to curriculum development
- Supervise research projects at undergraduate and Master’s level
- An advanced degree (PhD or equivalent) in either engineering, design, innovation design engineering, computing, computing science, Computational Aided Design, engineering modelling or a related field
- Capability to contribute to the development and performance of colleagues through coaching and mentoring
- Experience and capability to act as a role model in areas of design, engineering, computational aided engineering, research, teaching and management as appropriate
- Have excellent skills in computational aided engineering, design/engineering practice, and research
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Peter Childs, Head of the School of Design Engineering firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any queries regarding the application process please contact: Sarah Wissing email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident employer
Imperial is a Disability Confident employer