Executive Assistant to the Head of Department
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Head of Department. The role of Executive Assistant to the Head of Department provides daily vital support to the Head of Department (HoD) and departmental operation across a range of essential activities. Principle among these responsibilities is providing a pro-active secretarial and personal administration service to the HoD, maintaining a professional service and acting as the first...
Job listing information
- Reference ENG01857
- Date posted 3 September 2021
- Closing date 28 September 2021
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Head of Department. The role of Executive Assistant to the Head of Department provides daily vital support to the Head of Department (HoD) and departmental operation across a range of essential activities.
Principle among these responsibilities is providing a pro-active secretarial and personal administration service to the HoD, maintaining a professional service and acting as the first port of call on a wide range of matters. This includes, but is not limited to, handling the HoD files, inbox, diary bookings, meeting arrangements, preparation of documents and presentations, meeting minutes, dissemination of information, internal post, room bookings, catering orders, travel arrangements, expense claims and purchase orders as and when required.
You will also provide support to the Department in matters relating to the coordination and administrative support of departmental events, training activities and other ad hoc projects.
Due to the nature of the role, the post involves periods of high activity with flexible working required.
Duties and responsibilities
Your duties will include:
- Provide personal administrative and clerical support to the Head of Department and key departmental operations as required
- Communicate and liaise on behalf of the HoD with senior members of the College and external organisations as appropriate
- Prepare papers, correspondence and presentations and undertake research for projects and reports as requested by the HoD
- Oversee and maintain the HoD’s electronic diary, taking the initiative to plan, set up and accept appointments and meetings; provision of documentation for meetings
- Book meeting rooms and arrange catering
- Co-ordinate Departmental Executive and Strategy Committee Meetings, Staff Meetings and Health & Safety Meetings, including the acquisition and circulation of relevant papers from staff, preparation of minutes and follow-up of actions (if required)
- Deal with enquiries both from within and outside the College on a wide range of matters
We are looking for someone educated to degree level and/or professional qualification (or equivalent).
You should have experience in the Higher Education sector in a similar or related role(s).
Demonstrable experience in office administration following a range of administrative procedures. Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Video Conferencing, and Management Information Systems (Oracle preferred).
Excellent written, numerical and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft correspondence and minute taking.
This is a full-time open-ended position.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Deborah Lawal - firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more about our employee benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements and our excellent professional development opportunities, at https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/benefits/
Closing date: 28th September 2021. Interviews will be held on 28 October 2021
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference ENG01857.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people