Assistant Learning Technologist
Imperial College London’s Learning and Teaching Strategy, launched in June 2017, sets out an ambitious programme of work aimed at establishing Imperial as a global leader in innovative, evidence-based education. Implementation of the strategy is underpinned by significant investment in education which will support innovative, evidence-based teaching and learning methods across the College. As part of this strategy the Faculty of Engineering...
Job listing information
- Reference ENG01985
- Date posted 20 January 2022
- Closing date 3 February 2022
Imperial College London’s Learning and Teaching Strategy, launched in June 2017, sets out an ambitious programme of work aimed at establishing Imperial as a global leader in innovative, evidence-based education. Implementation of the strategy is underpinned by significant investment in education which will support innovative, evidence-based teaching and learning methods across the College. As part of this strategy the Faculty of Engineering is undertaking a process of pedagogical transformation of its modules in line with a faculty-wide curriculum review.
A key element of the Educational Technology (EdTech) team’s ambition to become a leading centre of excellence is delivering digitally enhanced, online and blended learning programmes. This ambition includes supporting the development and innovation in digital educational technologies and pedagogies for online teaching.
The post holder will work within the established processes and offer maintenance and customer support for online experiences to optimise the functionality within the College’s online systems. They will also work collaboratively with the wider learning technology community at the College, academic and teaching staff, ICT, and other colleagues that support teaching via eLearning methods and systems.
This role is your chance to be at the forefront of providing high quality learning solutions to meet the growing digital needs of education at a world leading university.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will provide technical expertise, best practice knowledge and customer support of institutional tools. This includes working to ensure all tools are efficiently supported and organising training for staff in new tools and processes, including devising and maintaining training materials.
- You will undertake user testing and implementation of upgrades to any institutionally supported technologies (e.g. Blackboard, Panopto and other tools).
- There will also be the opportunity to participate in technology pilots.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a STEM discipline, with educational experience/knowledge; or equivalent professional experience and knowledge in learning technology, online learning or pedagogy.
- Knowledge and experience of virtual learning environments and associated products
- Experience of providing excellent customer support to an academic community and using customer support systems to track work
- Experience of supporting the use of eLearning in teaching activities
- Experience of prioritising tasks and independently managing a busy workload to ensure deadlines are met
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & internet
- Knowledge of different delivery platforms and methods (web, mobile, podcasts), with an appreciation of the merits and drawbacks of different approaches
- Ability to plan and independently manage a busy workload within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement as required
- Meticulous and very well-structured administrative skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail and demonstrate high levels of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise workload and ensure agreed deadlines are met, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with academic, teaching and professional services staff at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a project team in the support of the successful delivery of project outcomes
- Ability to work independently and take initiative providing help and assistance when required.
- Adaptable and flexible, with receptiveness to new ideas and approaches
- Ability to comply with regulations and codes of practice for self and others
This is a full-time, fixed-term post until October 2023.
This is an open-ended appointment.
Interviews for this role are scheduled for fortnight commencing 14 February 2022.
Candidates need to complete an online application for this role. For further details on the role please contact: Sophie Clarke, Education Insight and Evaluation Analyst (Faculty of Engineering) – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people