Head of IT Shared Services
Reporting directly to the CIO within a Matrix structure, paying north of £70,000, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead a sizeable team that are assisting with delivering a shared services model, and in turn a migration to the cloud, to increase the efficiency of a world-leading universities innovative IT operation. If the idea of working in an agile environment that is product orientated, and user-centric focused, alongside...
Job listing information
- Reference FOG00401
- Date posted 29 July 2020
- Closing date 12 August 2020
Reporting directly to the CIO within a Matrix structure, paying north of £70,000, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead a sizeable team that are assisting with delivering a shared services model, and in turn a migration to the cloud, to increase the efficiency of a world-leading universities innovative IT operation.
If the idea of working in an agile environment that is product orientated, and user-centric focused, alongside holding a £5 million budget to help deliver on this project for a prestigious university appeals to you, then please get in contact with me directly, or apply through this advert.
Line Management responsibility for:
- Data Product Owner
- Integration Product Owner
- Cloud Product Owner
- Identity and Trust Product Owner
Purpose of the Post:
To accelerate ICT activities and enable step changes in ICT capabilities, allowing teams to build their applications faster, better, and cheaper, to the result of increasing service reliability whilst reducing the time and cost of development. This particularly impacts frontline repetitive tasks, eg processing of student applications. Each Shared Services capacity will either build new shared services, eg a secure image for cloud hosted applications, or curate those services built by others for the common good, eg Enrolling Students database call.
Duties and responsibilities
- Owns and manages the delivery of ICT accelerators to enable step changes in the College's ICT capabilities, products and services, including:
- Data: Provide big data technologies to support analytics education and research purposes.
- Integration: architect and implement modern agile integration capabilities for applications and data.
- Cloud: Build, migrate to and operate cloud-based platforms, both infrastructure and applications.
- Identity and Trust: Deliver unified zero trust capability to support the secure access to and protection of College applications and data by College and external consumers eg prospective students
- Responsible for Shared Services Lifecycle Management: Shared Service teams provide E2E cycle management of all core services, which combined, are underlying, related to and/or enabling all of ICT s capabilities.
- Manages Shared Services capabilities to their respective needs; some being developed from scratch, others curating and expanding something built by others, through collaboration with the Product teams.
- Manages the establishment of Cloud IAAS and PAAS capabilities to be used for all new hosted services and to migrate servers hosted in the data centre to the Cloud.
- Proven track record of success in technology leadership positions, including in an Information Technology role, within a medium or large organisation, and demonstrable experience of a major technology transformation covering, as a minimum, shared services and line of business applications
- Demonstrable experience provisioning, managing and developing an exemplary technical shared service within a medium or large organisation, covering as a minimum, data, integration, Cloud and identity and trust management
- Experience of managing the transition of ICT Services and Applications from on premise to the Cloud. Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments
- Experience of managing teams utilising Agile or iterative project techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of a broad range of current and emerging ICT technologies and business processes, delivery models, principles and practice
- Knowledge of leading public cloud platforms, examples Azure, AWS and Google Cloud, and software as service platforms
- Relevant, up to date detailed knowledge of a number of technologies, including data, cloud, integration and identify & trust
- Knowledge of current product development practises and methodologies, such as DevOps, Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector and the specific requirements and challenges of delivering ICT services within this sector
For further information and details on how to apply for this outstanding role, please visit https://www.xpertise-recruitment.com/job/7510/head-of-it-shared-services-educational-institute-london-salary-negotiable-bens-london-greater-london/
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people