IGHI Operations Manager
The Institute of Global Health Innovation (IGHI) is a multidisciplinary team of pioneering people who break traditional research silos to tackle some of the greatest global health challenges facing the world today. As one of Imperial’s six Global Institutes, we are working towards a future where healthcare is better, safer and more equitable across the globe. Our approach is to identify, develop and implement evidence-based innovations,...
Job listing information
- Reference MED02407
- Date posted 21 April 2021
- Closing date 23 May 2021
The Institute of Global Health Innovation (IGHI) is a multidisciplinary team of pioneering people who break traditional research silos to tackle some of the greatest global health challenges facing the world today. As one of Imperial’s six Global Institutes, we are working towards a future where healthcare is better, safer and more equitable across the globe. Our approach is to identify, develop and implement evidence-based innovations, leading to sustainable improvements in health and care.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Operations Manager to lead the day-to-day operations activities across the Institute. You will be expected to oversee all centralised operations and administrations activities and perform first-hand a variety of personnel-related administrative tasks across IGHI and three of its research centres. This is a busy, varied collaborative post with wide-ranging responsibility offering the opportunity for you to join a team passionate about transforming health and reducing inequalities.
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead, manage and deliver effective HR and finance operation support across the Institute and its Centres, develop administrative policies and procedures, implement those already establish as well as initiate and successfully manage change.
- To contribute to the financial success of IGHI through budget resource planning and management working closely with Faculty of Medicine and Engineering staff.
- To manage the staff recruitment process, to develop and implement a training and career development programme for all staff to meet the research and operational excellence needs of the Institute.
- To ensure successful delivery of the Institute activities by fostering good working relationships with IGHI stakeholders.
- Relevant and significant experience of operations management in a research, higher education or policy environment including HR and Finance
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills – confidence in forming effective working relationships with a broad range of people
- Proven management skills and ability to introduce and implement organisational methods, processes and procedures and to develop operational plans and coordinate their execution.
- Ability to assess priorities, organise workloads without supervision and initiate action and resolve problems where appropriate
- Promotes and fosters team working – able to work flexibly within a multi-disciplinary team and partners.
This is a full-time, fixed term contract for 12 months in the first instance. You will be based at the St Mary’s Campus (Paddington), but may be required to travel to the South Kensington campus.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Nicolette Davies, IGHI Head of Operations: email@example.com
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see https://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-evaluation/
The College believes that the use of animals in research is vital to improve human and animal health and welfare. Animals may only be used in research programmes where their use is shown to be necessary for developing new treatments and making medical advances. Imperial is committed to ensuring that, in cases where this research is deemed essential, all animals in the College’s care are treated with full respect, and that all staff involved with this work show due consideration at every level. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-integrity/animal-research/
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people