Postgraduate Research Administrator
The National Heart and Lung Institute is seeking to appoint an Education Administrator to support its PhD and MD(Res)programmes, as well as a small stream of its MRes programme. NHLI’s main aims are to carry out research and education in Cardiovascular and Respiratory basic and clinical science. NHLI is committed to the development and delivery of excellent education and training at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. NHLI’s education...
Job listing information
- Reference MED02706
- Date posted 9 September 2021
- Closing date 24 September 2021
The National Heart and Lung Institute is seeking to appoint an Education Administrator to support its PhD and MD(Res)programmes, as well as a small stream of its MRes programme.
NHLI’s main aims are to carry out research and education in Cardiovascular and Respiratory basic and clinical science. NHLI is committed to the development and delivery of excellent education and training at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. NHLI’s education team is responsible for implementing, administering and supporting the Institute’s education and outreach activities, undertaken in line with the College’s strategy for education.
Duties and responsibilities
You will support an excellent student and staff experience on NHLI’s research programmes, through responsibilities including:
- Day to day administrative support to the programme team
- Acting as the first point of contact for students, academic staff, and the Faculty Education Office, Registry or Graduate School as appropriate for all enquiries relating to the programmes.
- Processing applications, scheduling interviews and issuing offers.
- Updating and maintaining electronic records with regard to students’ background, enrolment, assessment milestones, funding and training.
- Servicing committees, including arranging and minuting meetings, booking rooms and refreshments.
- Assisting with publicity materials and communication to students and staff from the department.
You will have experience of working in administration, preferably in a similar role within Higher Education. You must be able to work well within a team environment, have enthusiasm for education and be willing to learn new skills.
This post is full time and open ended.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Mr Tony Umelo, Postgraduate Research Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people