Applications are invited for the post of Senior Developer in the Faculty Education Office (Medicine). We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join our Faculty team. You will be contributing to the continual development, delivery and maintenance of an ePortfolio created in PHP. Other duties will include helping with technical customer support queries via our internal ticket system and writing support documentation for both...
Job listing information
- Reference MED02762
- Date posted 8 November 2021
- Closing date 22 November 2021
Applications are invited for the post of Senior Developer in the Faculty Education Office (Medicine). We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join our Faculty team. You will be contributing to the continual development, delivery and maintenance of an ePortfolio created in PHP. Other duties will include helping with technical customer support queries via our internal ticket system and writing support documentation for both technical and non-technical end users.
Duties and responsibilities
- Along with the Learning Technology Lead, contribute to the continued development of our bespoke web portal, which includes our ePortfolio and Tutor Dashboard
- Lead the development of 3rd party APIs for 3rd party applications, typically using the WordPress REST API
- Ensure our application ecosystem has redundancy built in and help define our disaster recovery process
- Ensure our in-house software is secure, scalable, versioned and appropriately documented
- Review current development procedures and practices and suggest improved workflow and processes
- Coordinate with the Senior Learning Technologist and Learning Technology Lead regarding requirements for minor and major improvements to existing software services
- a degree in computer science or equivalent PHP development experience
- substantial experience in WordPress plugin and theme development
- experience of developing APIs
- a good understanding of data visualisation techniques and user interface design.
- experience of delivering projects to high standards with minimal supervision to tight deadlines.
This is a Full Time & Fixed Term post for 24 months based at the South Kensington Campus with occasional visits to other campuses.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Alex Furr, Learning Technology Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people