Research Group Administrator
We have a vacancy available to support lead academics located at the South Kensington campus in the National Heart and Lung Institute (NHLI). The role will directly support the Head of the Respiratory Division and Heads of Section based at the South Kensington Campus which include the Inflammation, Repair and Development Section and the Cardio-Respiratory Interface Section. The individual will also provide more general support across these...
Job listing information
- Reference MED02829
- Date posted 6 January 2022
- Closing date 24 January 2022
We have a vacancy available to support lead academics located at the South Kensington campus in the National Heart and Lung Institute (NHLI). The role will directly support the Head of the Respiratory Division and Heads of Section based at the South Kensington Campus which include the Inflammation, Repair and Development Section and the Cardio-Respiratory Interface Section. The individual will also provide more general support across these Sections. The Research Group Administrator will become a key member of the Sections and support all academic activities of these busy and dynamic groups.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to all Section events and activities.
- To arrange appointments and maintain diaries of the Heads of Division/Section
- To liaise with relevant Departmental staff to ensure the smooth running of the Sections.
- To organise travel arrangements, registration, and accommodation for the senior academic staff to attend conferences/meetings.
- To maintain group webpages.
- To organise meetings/events as required including arranging room bookings, audio-visual equipment, and catering.
- To be a conduit for communication to the Sections, relaying information and actions as required.
- To be the first line contact and welcoming visitors, promoting a positive image of NHLI and the College.
- To process internal and external expenses claims, ensuring compliance with College policies.
- Act as the contact for TeamSeer (annual leave) related queries with the Sections.
- Provide administrative support for the processing of Honorary contracts within the Sections.
- To maintain supplies of stationary for the Sections.
- To coordinate the Sections’ outgoing and incoming post and distribute as necessary.
- Work flexibly to support all staff in the Sections, as required.
- Welcome new staff or students and help integrate and advise them.
- Degree level education or equivalent qualification or experience. A scientific discipline would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in a higher education office environment, ideally in a research setting
- Experience of managing challenging diaries of senior staff and arranging
- Proven experience working with IT including Microsoft Word (to accurately proofread documents), Outlook, Excel (to be able to create and reformat data graphs as required), databases such as MS Access (to be able to accurately input data)
This is a Full Time and Open-ended position based at South Kensington Campus with travel to other sites as required.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Eleanor Tucker at email@example.com or Joanna O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-evaluation/
The College believes that the use of animals in research is vital to improve human and animal health and welfare. Animals may only be used in research programmes where their use is shown to be necessary for developing new treatments and making medical advances. Imperial is committed to ensuring that, in cases where this research is deemed essential, all animals in the College’s care are treated with full respect, and that all staff involved with this work show due consideration at every level. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-integrity/animal-research/
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people