Clinical Trial Coordinator
Would you like to work on cutting-edge research that is making a real difference in the prevention and early diagnosis of cancer? An opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Trial Coordinator to support the research activities of Professor Cross and the Cancer Screening and Prevention Research Group (CSPRG, www.csprg.org.uk), which contribute to the aims of the Surgery and Cancer Theme within the National Institute for Health and Care Research...
Job listing information
- Reference MED04005
- Date posted 19 October 2023
- Closing date 19 November 2023
Would you like to work on cutting-edge research that is making a real difference in the prevention and early diagnosis of cancer? An opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Trial Coordinator to support the research activities of Professor Cross and the Cancer Screening and Prevention Research Group (CSPRG, www.csprg.org.uk), which contribute to the aims of the Surgery and Cancer Theme within the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Imperial Biomedical Research Centre (BRC). This post is based at the St Mary’s Campus of Imperial College London, located in Paddington.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will work within an internationally renowned multidisciplinary group undertaking research into the prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer.
- You will support and ensure the smooth running and progress of our new and existing studies.
- You will ensure all studies and trials are conducted professionally to the standards of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and meet the requirements of project funders, Imperial College London as sponsors and all relevant regulatory bodies.
- You will take the lead responsibility for Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement within the CSPRG.
- You will have a degree or equivalent in a biomedical/scientific or allied field and previous experience working in a medical research, NHS, or academic environment. Knowledge and experience of medical terminology, office work, excellent organisational skills. proven administrative skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy are essential.
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a biomedical/scientific or allied field.
Evidence of GCP training.
Working knowledge of clinical research regulatory requirements.
Experience working in a patient-facing setting and/or with members of the public.
Experience of data entry in a medical setting.
Experience of using social media for work (Twitter).
This post is a full time, fixed term until 30 June 2024 in the first instance . Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Will Kay email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people