IPCC Working Group III Head of TSU (Operations): Senior Administrator
Maternity Cover Salary: £46,762 - £56, 526 per annum The IPCC Working Group III TSU wishes to recruit a maternity cover for the Head of TSU (Operations): Senior Administrator. You will have overall responsibility for the operational, administrative and financial aspects of the TSU. The IPCC Working Group III is one of the three IPCC Working Groups looking at different aspects of climate change. Working Group III assesses options for reducing...
Job listing information
- Reference NAT00308
- Date posted 25 October 2018
- Closing date 18 November 2018
Salary: £46,762 - £56, 526 per annum
The IPCC Working Group III TSU wishes to recruit a maternity cover for the Head of TSU (Operations): Senior Administrator. You will have overall responsibility for the operational, administrative and financial aspects of the TSU.
The IPCC Working Group III is one of the three IPCC Working Groups looking at different aspects of climate change. Working Group III assesses options for reducing the rate at which climate change is taking place: what is called climate mitigation. The IPCC Working Group III TSU is hosted by the Centre for Environmental Policy (CEP) at Imperial College.
The Centre for Environmental Policy (CEP) provides a unique interface between science and technology and the economic and policy context in which it is developed and applied. Its focus is on environmental and development issues, including climate change, energy, pollution, conservation of natural resources, food and health security and poverty reduction.
Duties and responsibilities
• To develop and lead on the implementation of a TSU workplan.
• To manage TSU budgets and expenditure, approximately £6m over five years, approve and monitor spend by following the College’s financial procedures and liaise with Finance Officers as necessary.
• To line manage the TSU administrative team including the TSU administrator and Personal Assistant.
• To lead on the recruitment of staff for the TSU communications and operations functions and support the Head of Science and the co-chairs in recruiting members of the scientific function.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
• Experience of managing staff
• Substantial experience of managing budgets and of producing and interpreting financial reports.
• Experience of working directly with senior academics
• Proven experience in international collaborative activity
You must also have:
• Strong, interpersonal and influencing skills with staff at all levels
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to identify, propose, plan and implement services and processes
• The ability to work under pressure whilst managing conflicting deadlines, and working flexibly in a rapidly changing environment.
• Willingness to travel overseas, for periods of up to 7-10 days as a member of the TSU team.
This is a full time, maternity cover position for up to 12 months.
Applications from female candidates are encouraged, including those who wish to return to work following a career break. CEP is a family-friendly department and we promote a wide range of family-friendly policies, including flexible working. We strive to provide an environment where all our staff feel supported, safe and inclusive.
Informal enquires can be made directly to Professor Jim Skea, Chair of Sustainable Energy and Co-chair of IPCC Working Group III via email at: email@example.com
Queries relating to the application process should be directed to Laila Pastor, Senior HR Administrator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical queries during the application process, please contact email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident employer
Imperial is a Disability Confident employer