Taught Programmes Coordinator
The Grantham Institute – Climate Change and the Environment is seeking to recruit a Taught Programmes Coordinator to join the Education team and support its growing programmes portfolio. Our team is responsible for organising a variety of PhD, Masters and Undergraduate programmes, delivering training on climate change and the environment. The job offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a professional, busy and friendly team. Your...
Job listing information
- Reference NAT01141
- Date posted 9 May 2022
- Closing date 8 June 2022
The Grantham Institute – Climate Change and the Environment is seeking to recruit a Taught Programmes Coordinator to join the Education team and support its growing programmes portfolio. Our team is responsible for organising a variety of PhD, Masters and Undergraduate programmes, delivering training on climate change and the environment.
The job offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a professional, busy and friendly team. Your role will be to coordinate a range of Grantham Institute courses and initiatives. This will include the new Masters in Climate Change, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, to be based at the Royal Institution with the Centre for Climate Change Innovation (CCCI), which seeks to increase the pipeline of innovative cleantech businesses in London and focusses on supporting new start-ups with teams and ideas who have high growth and impact potential. Other programmes that you will be engaged with will include the expanding Masters in Climate Change, Management and Finance (CCMF), Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), Small Private Online Courses (SPOC), an Executive Education Programme, and special projects
You will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation of the programmes and the associated administrative duties and communications.
Duties and responsibilities
In the role, you will:
- Work with course management teams to establish, coordinate, manage and deliver the Grantham Institute education programmes and day-to-day student procedures.
- Work with students to resolve issues and queries and provide guidance and advice.
- Manage student communications and events. This will include working with the larger team to handle and promote activities, such as workshops, seminars, and networking activities.
- Be responsible for administrative duties linked to taught programmes, including setting up processes and templates, providing reports, reviewing data, and identifying improvements to the programmes.
- Monitor taught programmes budgets, reviewing regularly.
- Significant experience of administration in Higher Education, particularly in programme administration, student administration or outreach and communication.
- Creation and management of systems to track and store programme related data and to produce reports
- Ability to manage a busy workload, prioritise and manage own time effectively.
- Practical knowledge of managing or coordinating multiple projects, activities or events to time and to budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate effectively with others at different levels.
This role is full-time and fixed term for 2 years, with the possibility of extension. You will be based across South Kensington Campus, the Royal Institution and White City Campus.
Please note that part-time applications will also be considered.
You may be required to work out of office hours occasionally.
If you are thinking about applying for this job and want to discuss it further, please contact Anne Houston email@example.com
For tips on how to submit a successful application visit the Grantham website.
To apply please complete an online application.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people