Advice Manager (Academic & Non - Academic)
Are you an experienced advice professional who understands best practice in delivering advice and support to an excellent standard? Do you have an interest in offering support to students? Imperial College Union is looking for an Advice Manager to oversee this critical support service. You will manage and conduct mainly academic casework, keeping students informed of policies and procedures, helping them confront challenging scenarios...
Job listing information
- Reference PRO00218
- Date posted 27 February 2019
- Closing date 18 March 2019
Are you an experienced advice professional who understands best practice in delivering advice and support to an excellent standard? Do you have an interest in offering support to students?
Imperial College Union is looking for an Advice Manager to oversee this critical support service. You will manage and conduct mainly academic casework, keeping students informed of policies and procedures, helping them confront challenging scenarios such as disciplinary hearings, mitigating circumstances or appeals; and support a small team in providing guidance around housing, legal and other challenges.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
As Advice Manager, you will:
- Offer information, advice and advocacy to students or groups of students, either in person, over the telephone or via email, on a range of topics relevant to our members including but not limited to College regulations, mitigating circumstances, appeals, interruption of studies, complaints, problems with supervisors, disciplinary hearings, budgeting, legal challenges, accommodation and wellbeing.
- Represent students at relevant hearings and panels including disciplinary and appeals, as well as advocate or represent the student voice on relevant College Committees.
- To lead and develop our Advice Service in line with sector best practice, ensuring that our members receive high-quality support and advice, and that we maintain the necessary affiliations to make referrals as necessary.
- To ensure that the Advice Service complements the advocacy and campaigning functions of the Union by collating and sharing quantitative and qualitative information and through regular discussions with Union staff and Officer Trustees.
More details are available in the Job Description for this role.
- Experience of providing academic advice in a higher education environment
- Experience of providing advocacy on behalf of students
- Experience of working in a busy customer focused organisation
- Experience of campaigning and lobbying for policy and attitude changes within a charitable context
- An understanding of common issues faced by students such as academic appeals, housing and rights problems, including relevant legislation
- An understanding of the Students’ Union movement or the Higher or Further Education
If you’re passionate about helping others, have worked in a similar role, and can deal with different personalities in a dynamic environment, this is the role for you.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Monday 18th March. We are looking to fill the role immediately so may close earlier if we find a suitable candidate so please apply as soon as possible.
Should you require further details about the role, please contact: Keriann Lee - Head of Student Voice & Communications via email@example.com.
For queries about our recruitment processes, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people