The Designer is responsible for all the Union’s design outputs, as the sole in-house creative at the Union. They will produce a range of communications materials and digital content across all our owned channels (social and web) as well as email, out of home display, print, signage, events, campaigns and marketing collateral. They will also work in partnership with external creatives and agencies to ensure that all work is consistent with...
Job listing information
- Reference PRO00695
- Date posted 18 March 2022
- Closing date 3 April 2022
The Designer is responsible for all the Union’s design outputs, as the sole in-house creative at the Union. They will produce a range of communications materials and digital content across all our owned channels (social and web) as well as email, out of home display, print, signage, events, campaigns and marketing collateral. They will also work in partnership with external creatives and agencies to ensure that all work is consistent with our brand. And they will provide advice to student staff to help them produce effective and on brand communications for our audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
- To create new concepts and artwork for use across all channels
- Produce outputs at pace against tight deadlines, without any loss in quality or creativity
- Give ideas and creative solutions to internal clients and team members, taking the time to fully understand the design needs, taking feedback and adapting as needed
- An ambassador for the brand, making sure all designs are on brief and within brand guidelines
- Support the wider team in creating visual assets
- Gives feedback to student staff carrying out design or creative work for the Union
- Closely work with the Marketing & Engagement Manager across their workload and oversee all design elements of Union campaigns
- Degree or suitable and relevant qualification in graphic design
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience in producing work relevant to the role
- Experience of developing and delivering design outputs that achieve the objectives of the brief
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Good knowledge of digital design packages (eg Dreamweaver) and HMTL (CSS)
- Ability to organise own work to meet deadline
- Commitment to working in a democratic and student led environment
Please note this role is with the Students’ Union. We’re a registered charity in our right, with our own governance, systems, processes and objectives. However, we work extremely closely with Imperial College London, so you’ll also be joining a wider community of staff working within Higher Education. If you’ve never worked in a students’ union, or are unsure why it’s different, we urge you to get in contact. It’s a brilliant place to work.
Like with other organisations, the pandemic has required us to really think through our working patterns – and how we can enable staff to work flexibly and productively. Because we’re a relatively small, student-facing organisation, we have an expectation that all permanent staff will work from the office in South Kensington for three days a week minimum (more if they choose). However, we’re also keen to understand the specific needs of all our staff, so we will consider all requests for flexible variations on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for the role please complete the online application form.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Juliette Coopey, Director of Marketing & Communications, email@example.com
Interviews will be expected to take place Tuesday 12th April 2022.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people