Planning and Insight Manager
Do you enjoy working with and analysing complex data? Do you have an excellent eye for detail and a methodical approach to problem solving? Are you a skilled communicator with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders? We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Planning and Insight Manager to join our team. Imperial is home to the greatest concentration of high-impact research of any major UK University and...
Job listing information
- Reference PRO00767
- Date posted 28 June 2022
- Closing date 19 July 2022
Do you enjoy working with and analysing complex data? Do you have an excellent eye for detail and a methodical approach to problem solving? Are you a skilled communicator with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders? We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Planning and Insight Manager to join our team.
Imperial is home to the greatest concentration of high-impact research of any major UK University and is consistently placed in the top ten of the world rankings. The mission of the Strategic Planning Division is to understand and appreciate the academic mission of the College and to apply this within the context of expert knowledge of the external funding and policy environment. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in delivering this mission by providing management, insight and data analysis cross a breadth of topics that are central to higher education and the College strategy. An integral part of the division, you will distil the key insights and communicate these effectively at all levels of the College.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the preparation of annual statutory funding returns and ensuring these optimise any future funding allocations from the Office for Students and Research England;
- Managing the compilation of the annual Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) record returns and analysing reports and calculation based on HESA data;
- Managing the analysis of all national (UK) and key international external league tables; and
- Preparing a range of other management information and reports. These include, for example, policy analysis, supporting the College and Academic Strategy and using the College’s internal dashboards to share and present information.
- Managing the work and duties of other team members within Strategic Planning
- Have a good honours degree or equivalent in a subject requiring numeracy
- Have experience analysing complex datasets and summarising the emerging themes succinctly, including in written documents
- Be highly numerate, with the proven ability to understand, analyse, interpret and explain complicated information and data
- Have a high degree of computer competency, including a detailed understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of databases, spreadsheets and reporting tools
- Have a strong eye for detail, with the ability to juggle a busy/ varied workload to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and an interest in, the higher education sector and the key issues it faces
- Have good interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with staff at all levels, both in written and oral communication
- Have a methodical approach to problem solving and analysis
Full details of this role can be found in the Job Description.
This is a full time and open ended position, and you will be based in the South Kensington campus.
For more information or if you wish to informally discuss this role, contact Anna Shierson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people