Community Engagement Coordinator (Venue and Programmes)
Are you highly organised and passionate about engaging diverse audiences? We are looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to support the organisation and delivery of a wide-ranging programme of community events and initiatives at The Invention Rooms, Imperial College London’s dedicated outreach and community space at White City. You will be part of the Community Engagement Team. Our focus is on enabling inclusive local innovation and...
Job listing information
- Reference PRO00955
- Date posted 25 May 2023
- Closing date 12 June 2023
Are you highly organised and passionate about engaging diverse audiences? We are looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to support the organisation and delivery of a wide-ranging programme of community events and initiatives at The Invention Rooms, Imperial College London’s dedicated outreach and community space at White City.
You will be part of the Community Engagement Team. Our focus is on enabling inclusive local innovation and growth by supporting the development of skills, confidence and connections. Your role is to ensure our community activities are welcoming and accessible, and to manage the logistics and operations of our community space at The Invention Rooms.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be coordinating the scheduling and supporting the delivery of community engagement programming at The Invention Rooms to ensure that it is accessible, inclusive and meets the needs of our local communities.
- You will oversee the logistics, operations and duty management of our community events space, to ensure it provides a high quality and welcoming experience, as well as adhering to our policies on safety and safeguarding.
- You will build strong connections with our stakeholders, including community groups, neighbours and partner organisations and with internal departments delivering outreach and public engagement activity.
- You will support the wider community engagement programme by carrying out administrative tasks, such as equipment ordering and purchases, updating our stakeholder database and managing registration processes.
- Experience of supervising a community venue or event space, including scheduling, health and safety, set-up and organisation
- Experience of project or event planning, coordination and support, and taking initiative to lead on specific task areas or work streams
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service for visitors and taking appropriate steps to ensure activities are accessible and inclusive
- A good working knowledge of health and safety, safeguarding and risk management approaches in delivering public activities
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to interact with a range of community stakeholders, staff and visitors
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a methodical approach to responsibilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision, to multi-task, to prioritise workflow independently, to work to deadlines and show initiative
- A level of physical fitness sufficient to carry out duties requiring manual handling
This is a full time and open ended role, and you will be based at The Invention Rooms, White City Campus. This role will require the postholder to work evenings and weekends.
All applications must be made via our online application form.
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidate.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact:
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people