Introduction to Programming Using R
This is a command based course, not related to any specific area of research.
The purpose of this course is to learn how to build a program from scratch: issues to be considered before writing a code and basic steps a programmer should follow to successfully find a solution.
We will first present an overview of R tools focusing on those that will be more useful when programming. We will show some techniques that can be used in several situations.
Entry Requirements: Some familiarity with R is required to attend this course. Alternatively, you should have attended Introduction to R.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 6 CPD credits.
- R Functionality
- R Objects
- Data-types and Attributes
- R workspace
- Reading and Writing tabular data
- Working with Data Frames
- Managing and Manipulating Data
- Appending, Merging and reshaping data
- R Graphs – Use of low and high level plotting functions
- Programming Control structures
- Loop Functions – The apply family functions
- Making a program more efficient
- Vectorisation and Pre-allocation
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on email@example.com
Fees and dates for 2021-2022
EARLY BIRD RATE
£198.00: Imperial College only.
£333.00: External rate.
£220.00: Imperial College only.
£370.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Dates for Academic year 2021-2022
Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 November 2021 (half days)
Tuesday 01 and Wednesday 02 February 2022 (half days)
Wednesday 18 May 2022
Tuesday 12 July 2022
Time and Location
The course will run face-to-face with an option to join via Microsoft Teams.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date.