Introduction to Programming Using R
This is a command based course, not related to any specific area of research.
The purpose of this course is to learn how to build a program from scratch: issues to be considered before writing a code and basic steps a programmer should follow to successfully find a solution.
We will first present an overview of R tools focusing on those that will be more useful when programming. We will show some techniques that can be used in several situations.
Entry Requirements: Some familiarity with R is required to attend this course. Alternatively, you should have attended Introduction to R.
Early Bird rate is available for those who book up to 4 weeks before the course date.
Please book your course on-line by clicking on your chosen date below.
Any problems with booking, please contact +44 (0)20 7594 1754 or email@example.com
Please book your place on-line below:
EARLY BIRD RATE
£198.00: Imperial College only.
£333.00: External rate.
£220.00: Imperial College only.
£370.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
- Wednesday 3 November 2022
- Tuesday 01 February 2022
- Monday 9 May 2021
Time and Location
The courses will be run via Microsoft Teams for an unforseeable future.
The course may be split into two-half days in the current situation
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date
- R Functionality
- R Objects - Class, Datatype, Attributes
- Subsetting from R Objects
- Managing and manipulating Data frames
- Reading and writing Data
- Data Visualisation using R Graphs
- R files: Scripts and Functions
- Control Structures : Conditional Control and Loop Control
- The apply() family functions
- Vectorisation and Pre-allocation